Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renault Fluence Z.E:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you got any data to back that up? Several recent threads have shown it's nothing like double. A US DOE study put refinery losses at 17%.

The loss means 17% less output than input, not directly related to CO2 emissions. I have an example from Norway, all calculations in metric:

Mongstad refinery (a pretty efficient one) releases 10.1 million tonnes CO2 per year and processes 10 million tonnes of oil. So 1.01kg CO2 for 1kg oil produced. 17% loss means 1010 grams of CO2 for 0,83 kg of petrol (or diesel or any other product), which is just over a litre for petrol. Let's say 1000 grams per litre.

Burning that litre produces 2320 grams of CO2. So the refining adds a little less than 50% to that amount. But the Co2-emissions for Mongstad does not take into account that it also draws 550MWh of electricity from the grid each year. If that was from coal, it would add about 6% to the emissions.

This is just refining. Pumping the stuff in the north sea and transporting it to the refinery also has quite a large CO2-footprint, the oil platforms runs on inefficient gas turbines and do a lot of flaring too.

So maybe double is a bit much, but it's pretty close. For oil sands, you can multiply by much more, and oil sands is the maginal producer now because of cost. You can argue that all petrol comes from the oil sands if all EV electricity comes from coal. And with less efficient refineries and transporttation from far away it could easily exceed double anyway.

I haven't included transportation from refinery to petrol station since the grid also have transmission losses.

Last edited:
Renault announce attractive EV Offer - 2 years free battery rental, 5 years unlimited warranty

Fluence Z.E. or Kangoo Z.E. for up to one month extended test drive from local dealerships. At the end of the trial, the customer will have the choice to either purchase an Electric Vehicle with 2 Years FREE Battery Rental and 5 years unlimited mileage warranty, or hand back the vehicle to the Dealer.

Customers who purchase a Renault electric vehicle will get a free wall box, your fuel station at home, fitted free of charge by the ESB, giving you a further saving of €1,000.

http://www.renault.ie/media/about-renault/news/att00436812/ze_pr_250412.pdf

Finally i will not buy ZOE because i have a Fluence ZE Prime Time. Extremely cheap, 10.500 € with just 50 km.

If you want a Fluence ZE Dynamique for 12.000 €:

http://www.autoscout24.es/Details.aspx?id=228411532&cd=634971810230000000&asrc=st|fs

Photos:

Home

2ho9zj5.jpg

34s1kdc.jpg

2qvtoi9.jpg

5ogho6.jpg

33m8yfa.jpg

121a6gg.jpg

Work:

992lcn.jpg

2vm69ll.jpg

Car:

8zh450.jpg

30cp1kp.jpg

1ih3iw.jpg

TEST 130 km/h

85 km, highway 73 km, city 12 km
Going: +100 m
Return: -100 m
Temperature: 10 ºC (winter temperature for Madrid)
Highway speed: 130 km/h
Without clima
With lights, radio and wiper(light rain).

Consuptiom:

15,5 kWh
Going: 19 kWh/100 km
Return: 17,4 kWh/100 km
Average: 18,2 kWh/100 km
range 113 km over usable 20,5 kWh

City, 13,5 kWh/100 km
Highway, 19 kWh/100 km

9bdsnm.jpg

3005qf9.jpg

Well, as I sold my Range Rover, I need a winter - car. I planed to purchase a Zoe, but as they do not deliver the 8 to 13 A charger anymore, it is no more an option for me. Now, in Switzerland they sell Fluence demo cars really cheap! ( 12500 USD! ). So I feel really tempted to buy one! With front drive and winter tires it should be a great winter car!

Well, as I sold my Range Rover, I need a winter - car. I planed to purchase a Zoe, but as they do not deliver the 8 to 13 A charger anymore, it is no more an option for me. Now, in Switzerland they sell Fluence demo cars really cheap! ( 12500 USD! ). So I feel really tempted to buy one! With front drive and winter tires it should be a great winter car!
But I doesn't support 3-phase charging... Are you sure you want that?

And rumours go that there will be a 10A charging cable for the Zoe pretty soon.