Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repaint options for Signature Green...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on what happened here?

The "peanut gallery" says look for a swap and don't repaint. Some people really like the Signature Green. Would be a shame to repaint it if someone with a Sterling Silver would trade.

Many people have been very happy with wraps, and they can be undone in the future, so I would vote that option instead of a repaint if no trades are possible.

Last edited:
Any update on what happened here?

The "peanut gallery" says looks for a swap and don't repaint. Some people really like the Signature Green. Would be a shame to repaint it if someone with a Sterling Silver would trade.

Many people have been very happy with wraps, and they can be undone in the future, so I would vote that option instead of a repaint if no trades are possible.
So I didn’t explain things up front very well. #78 wasnt showroom ready when I was originally interested in it and posted my question. It was dirty, paint looked dull with lots of random scratches up front. After cleaning it up and getting lots of input from experts, it wasn’t ever going to be “great”. The signature green was pretty beat up and never going to get back to 90%+. If it could of I would have wrapped it or went with a different car. That was why it was too complicated to trade/swap cars because we just didn’t have a final product to compare for a trade.

It’s in Medlocks shop right now. I’ve chosen to change over to Fusion Red and add all of Medlocks exterior Carbon Fiber to it.

Goal is to get a signature back on the road and in the best condition possible. Sounds like this car was pretty mint up to 21k miles. (Old posts and asking questions to people that had seen it) From 21k to current (27k) It obviously wasn’t. Doing a few other subtle things along the way but with the intention to keep #78 in as good of condition as possible! Still in the early stages but should be a fun couple of months while the Medlocks once again do their magic! Excited for Summer 2021

Reactions: DeedWest
Thanks for the update. Glad to see that it is being "freshened up" if it had a rough patch.

My records on #78 have it start out in Los Angeles (California license plate "TESLA78")
P0078-5YJRE11B181000078-CA-Tesla78.jpg

Does it still have the microfibre seats?
P0078-Front.jpg

P0078-Plaque.jpg

P0078-side.jpg

Does/did it still have the CA carpool stickers on the rear bumper?

Reactions: Sonics2020
Thanks for the update. Glad to see that it is being "freshened up" if it had a rough patch.

My records on #78 have it start out in Los Angeles (California license plate "TESLA78")
View attachment 648790

Does it still have the microfibre seats?
View attachment 648791

View attachment 648792
View attachment 648793

Does/did it still have the CA carpool stickers on the rear bumper?
Dang. Those pics look great. If it was even close to that nice repainting wouldn’t have been an option.

*No hard top (read the post that they swapped it over to #40)
*No California carpool decals (paint condition at rear of car looked great)
*I do like that license plate. Just got the title and was pondering on what to do. In Washington I could do that same thing or “Sig 78”. Still undecided
*Driver seat is pretty beat up on the entry side so....currently working through those ideas as well. (They are not microfiber seats. Just black leather)

I know Medlocks are updating #78’s progress on FB. I’ll update pics here when it done

Reactions: MDul