Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Repairing a dent on the bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I did a booboo :(

I backed into a bucket that was up against a wall and it scraped my bumper. Not only that, it's slightly dented. I was wondering what people's experiences were with repairing vs replacing the bumper. Since it's aluminum (right?) it can't really be reformed back into its original shape. So am I hosed? What's the normal cost for body shops to repair if possible?

So I did a booboo :(

I backed into a bucket that was up against a wall and it scraped my bumper. Not only that, it's slightly dented. I was wondering what people's experiences were with repairing vs replacing the bumper. Since it's aluminum (right?) it can't really be reformed back into its original shape. So am I hosed? What's the normal cost for body shops to repair if possible?

Bumpers are plastic. Can you take a few photos? If the bumper is actually dented, I'm not sure it can be re-formed back as the plastic has memory and stays that way. But, without seeing it, hard to tell.