Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement 18" Aero rim price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know the price of a replacement 18" Aero Rim from Tesla?
I lost an aero wheel cover driving through a big puddle. When I tried to replace it by ordering from Tesla Parts, I wasn't able to get a hold of anybody. I called a local Tesla Service Center, and explained that I just wanted to order one and have it delivered. She verified my Tesla account info, and few days later, one showed up in a box on my doorstep. I was never actually charged for it. I think that the Service Center person understood that working with Tesla Parts is sufficiently difficult that she would just handle it for me. In one year of ownership, this is the only issue I've had with my car, and Tesla solved it... quickly, and at zero cost to me. Worth a shot? If I remember right, the standard market price is about $45.

Reactions: TJ73
I lost an aero wheel cover driving through a big puddle. When I tried to replace it by ordering from Tesla Parts, I wasn't able to get a hold of anybody. I called a local Tesla Service Center, and explained that I just wanted to order one and have it delivered. She verified my Tesla account info, and few days later, one showed up in a box on my doorstep. I was never actually charged for it. I think that the Service Center person understood that working with Tesla Parts is sufficiently difficult that she would just handle it for me. In one year of ownership, this is the only issue I've had with my car, and Tesla solved it... quickly, and at zero cost to me. Worth a shot? If I remember right, the standard market price is about $45.
I can't imagine them sending out a rim for free though. A cover is believable; the wheel, not so much.