Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement front emblem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got full hood PPF done and the front emblem was taken off. Anyone know how much a replacement front emblem cost from Tesla? I did a measurement of the emblem from the edge before it was taken off, but does anyone know a mounting temple/guide on remounting the emblem? Also, did anyone reuse the original emblem and what kind of adhesive do you use?

I got full hood PPF done and the front emblem was taken off. Anyone know how much a replacement front emblem cost from Tesla? I did a measurement of the emblem from the edge before it was taken off, but does anyone know a mounting temple/guide on remounting the emblem? Also, did anyone reuse the original emblem and what kind of adhesive do you use?

$25.00 plus tax at Tesla SC. When I went to buy for the same reason, the service asked if I wanted to bill it to the PPF installer's account as they usually take care it.

Shouldn't the PPF installer have put it back on? What happened to the original one they took off?
My PPF installer did not put it back on since I didn't have a new one with me, it was a mobile installer that came to my house and did the work in my garage. I have the original emblem, I thought it would be plastic but it's actually metal.

Are you saying that you ordered the emblem from the service center and Tesla mobile service came and install it for you? Do you remember if they use a template/guide to install it or did they just eyeball it?

Yes, I scheduled service via mobile and let them know it was to apply the hood emblem. Mobile service came and installed for me. But there is a further story since you asked about a template. They had to come twice. The first time, the service tech came with the badge and a template/guide. It hooks onto the hood latch and positions the emblem perfectly. Unfortunately, he brought the wrong badge. I think it was the one for the trunk as it wasn't concave. So the pointy end stuck up. After a couple of days and it being obvious they made a mistake, I called and had mobile service come out again to replace. The second time, they brought the correct part, but he didn't have a template/guide. He said they didn't give them out to all the techs. Fortunately for me, there was no issue as it was easy to replace the first one.

So I guess my suggestion is to request the mobile service van have the template.

• Informative
Reactions: reheat
My PPF installer did not put it back on since I didn't have a new one with me, it was a mobile installer that came to my house and did the work in my garage. I have the original emblem, I thought it would be plastic but it's actually metal.

Why couldn't your PPF installer put your original one back on? Why would he need a new emblem? I had PPF done and my installer took my emblem off during the PPF install and and then put it back on when he was done. Unclear to me why this wasn't done to begin with.

Reactions: BluestarE3
Why couldn't your PPF installer put your original one back on? Why would he need a new emblem? I had PPF done and my installer took my emblem off during the PPF install and and then put it back on when he was done. Unclear to me why this wasn't done to begin with.

I wondered the same. The installer who did my PPF said he could not reuse because he couldn't get new backing thin enough to match the depth correctly. I didn't protest as he has done quite a few model 3's so I have a very cool $26 Tesla emblem proudly displayed in my office :)

After my PPF I just stuck the emblem on the back of the centre display.
Seemed like a nice place to put it.
DisplayBadge.jpg

I just got my model 3 wrapped with prestige ppf and ceramic coated. The installer states that he cant reattach old or new front emblem on film because it wont stick long term and starts to lift. He states due to surface area not being flat on the hood and not wanting to stick to the ppf. Have any you guys come across this problem? I live in michigan so maybe the cold weather is the issue? Any feedback would be great

The surface is flat, and I have seen many people attach the badge on top of the PPF. The ceramic coating depending on the top coat used, may affect the adhesive a little. But you might also consider no front badge, I left mine off and liked the clean look.

$25.00 plus tax at Tesla SC. When I went to buy for the same reason, the service asked if I wanted to bill it to the PPF installer's account as they usually take care it.
I'm getting my Y wrapped with Xpel as I type this and my installer stated he couldn't re-install the logos and recommended I get new ones from Tesla and not from Amazon as the quality is vastly different. I appreciate the info on getting new ones from Tesla SC.