Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement retaining clips for frunk cowling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know a part number, link to purchase, or 3D print file for the retaining clips that hold the model y frunk apron / cowling to the siding shown here? I’ve got a broken one, and I anticipate needing to replace these more than once. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0F783B61-97DB-43BD-B009-E86B5422EA23.jpeg
    0F783B61-97DB-43BD-B009-E86B5422EA23.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 466
Reactions: WattTheHeck
Does anyone know a part number, link to purchase, or 3D print file for the retaining clips that hold the model y frunk apron / cowling to the siding shown here? I’ve got a broken one, and I anticipate needing to replace these more than once. Thanks!
these are absolute junk and im sure every tesla out there has broken ones. just go to a tesla shop and ask for some. They should be free. If they want you to pay for them then they are a shady SC. Just had a few of mine replaced last week for free. and yes THEY did the replacement, didn't just hand them to me and walk away. The shop will have a ton of extras because they break all the time......basically every time you take off the panel some of them will break or fall out

Upvote 0
Pull up the model Y diagram and you should be able to find what you're looking for. They have every piece listed on there, in the exact order it gets put on the car. This should be a relatively cheap part, too.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mike_TV
Upvote 0
The side clips are fragile, for sure. Once the tray is in position, I push down on the interior, hidden pins/clips until they pop into place, then check that the tray is inside the side clips. If you press down on the sides of the tray, the clips will break.
Fragile.

• Helpful
Reactions: WattTheHeck
Upvote 0