Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacement wiper blades for '22 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to install a nice set of silicone windshield wipers before the winter sets in. I checked the manual and I was able to get the size of the blades (26" for driver, and 20" for passanger). But it mentions to make sure that the connector on the new blades are the same as the existing ones.

So... what are the types? How do I confirm I am getting the right thing?

I did have some difficulty finding some that would actually fit. FWIW they were narrow top pin type (they have different names from different manufacturers).
The challenge I had was that some (like Rain-X) had some additional aero fairing on it by the attachment point that interfered.

I did end up getting some silicone ones from Michelin that did fit OK (little finagling). But they are on!

The refreshed (yoke) S requires a 26" drivers side blade and a 20" passenger side blade both having 16mm top lock adapters also referred to as top lock narrow. Same configuration as the Model Y.

The correct length blade set out of the box with the correct 16mm top lock preinstalled that simply slips in without modification is the Bosch Aerotwin 3397014621

Unfortunately these seem to be backorder everywhere even at Bosch at the time of this posting.

Work around is to order the Aerotwin 3397007088 which are both the correct length however these come with a wide or 19mm top lock that does not fit. You can easily remove the adapters on your original wipers and snap them onto the new blades once you removed the 19mm preinstalled adapters and you are good to go. A small screw driver easily prys off the adapters

Why Aerotwin? Aerotwin seems to be the only Bosch model made in Belgium just like the original Tesla OEM wipers which leads me to believe they are actually Aerotwins without the Bosch logo made for Tesla. Other Bosch wipers, take ICON as an example, are made in China as well as most of there other models. Does this make them a better wiper? Who knows.

Last edited:
Tesla shop doesnt have them in stock? My old bosh icons lasted 3 years and finally needed to change them. I was looking at the silicone ones etc... but in the end decided to order them directly from Tesla. Tesla has the best price and I know they fit and are not fake.

The Aerotwins are the same ones Tesla uses. Why would I pay 2 times the price for the same thing plus I get next day delivery through Amazon. Still trying to figure out why the Model Y blades at Tesla are cheaper than the Models S blades when they are identical in every way.
Aww must be different on the newer Tesla. My 2016 model, Tesla actually had the cheapest price versus anywhere else.

Yea, I was hoping to be able to get a nice set of silicone wipers, but the external form of the OEM blades appear to be pretty unique to be able to fit under the hood when the wipers stop.

SO far I am unaware of any silicone blades that will actually fit the refreshed MS.

The refreshed (yoke) S requires a 26" drivers side blade and a 20" passenger side blade both having 16mm top lock adapters also referred to as top lock narrow. Same configuration as the Model Y.

The correct length blade set out of the box with the correct 16mm top lock preinstalled that simply slips in without modification is the Bosch Aerotwin 3397014621

Unfortunately these seem to be backorder everywhere even at Bosch at the time of this posting.

Work around is to order the Aerotwin 3397007088 which are both the correct length however these come with a wide or 19mm top lock that does not fit. You can easily remove the adapters on your original wipers and snap them onto the new blades once you removed the 19mm preinstalled adapters and you are good to go. A small screw driver easily prys off the adapters

Why Aerotwin? Aerotwin seems to be the only Bosch model made in Belgium just like the original Tesla OEM wipers which leads me to believe they are actually Aerotwins without the Bosch logo made for Tesla. Other Bosch wipers, take ICON as an example, are made in China as well as most of there other models. Does this make them a better wiper? Who knows.
The real hero!