Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Report - car at airport for a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick report about my recent parking session with the 2022 Model Y LR.

Lost 7 miles and 3% in 7 days. Temp at start was around 8C and at pickup around 0C. Car was never woken up, Sentry off.

In my previous 2021 M3LR I lost 1 mile and 0% in a week but that was in Summer.

So, if you are worried about leaving your car somewhere for a while, don't be.

I returned to my Model 3LR a week ago after 5 weeks 4 days in a Heathrow long stay carpark. Only 3% loss from 90% when I left it

With the remaining 87% the car predicted I could drive without charging to Chester and arrive at 4%. During the journey this 4% grew to 11% but we needed a coffee stop at Keele & 10 minutes took the car to 51%, arriving home on 37% (then swapped to my wife's EV and drove to Manchester Trafford to collect a Model Y LR...very tired after 2 flights/19 hours plus over 5 hours driving)

I can be as critical as anyone of Tesla but their battery tech and efficiency are extremely impressive & the main reason I have stayed with them for a second vehicle.

Lost 7 miles and 3% in 7 days. Temp at start was around 8C and at pickup around 0C. Car was never woken up, Sentry off.

Are your measured temps ambient, or of the pack ?
If the former, then we don't have the information needed to gauge the temperature effect on SoC.

If the pack temp is colder on pick-up then some of the 'lost' SoC will be recovered as the pack warms up and is not related to vampire loss.