Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reporting defects after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3P yesterday and noticed some small scratches in the paint and window trim, and slightly misaligned left headlight. I told the lady at the front desk, and she said she would take pictures and post them on my account. She also said I had 24 hours to report other issues, and I should just take pictures and email them to her directly. After getting home my wife did notice a cluster of some small scratches in the hood.

I also noticed what looks like water spots under the clear in several spots in the paint (a row of them directly above the driver-side door). They are pretty hard to notice except up close so I was planning on just ignoring them, but not sure if anyone else has experience on whether they can be removed or not.

I'm just wondering if there is a more official\proper way to report these. Emailing a Tesla employee directly seems like something prone to error...

I picked up my M3P yesterday and noticed some small scratches in the paint and window trim, and slightly misaligned left headlight. I told the lady at the front desk, and she said she would take pictures and post them on my account. She also said I had 24 hours to report other issues, and I should just take pictures and email them to her directly. After getting home my wife did notice a cluster of some small scratches in the hood.

I also noticed what looks like water spots under the clear in several spots in the paint (a row of them directly above the driver-side door). They are pretty hard to notice except up close so I was planning on just ignoring them, but not sure if anyone else has experience on whether they can be removed or not.

I'm just wondering if there is a more official\proper way to report these. Emailing a Tesla employee directly seems like something prone to error...

If you're unhappy with something after delivery, I would report it ASAP and not wait any longer. My issues so far have been:

- Clear coat dimples on rear passenger side quarter panel
- Paint drip outlines/stains on passenger rear door
- Misaligned front hood
- Gear stalk cover not staying on properly
- Static sound on dash speakers with some music

Tesla service center has promised to fix all of these. The paint drips were pretty minor and you had to get up really close to see them, but considering my annoyance with it they said they will repaint the whole right side basically.