Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Request for Reccos: Automobile Closed Container Shipping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used a reputable automobile shipping service?

I'm looking to ship my new MY from Seattle to Portland one way.

Thanks
Why not driving it, it's only 200 miles and return the same day by train or plane?

I would be so much worrying about the tow truck driver not knowing how to set the towing mode
and pulling with a cable the car into the truck bed without releasing the parking brake.
Or getting my car covered by oil from another car parked above my car.

Last edited:
Has anyone used a reputable automobile shipping service?

I'm looking to ship my new MY from Seattle to Portland one way.

Thanks
I booked via RoadRunner Auto Transport and they apparently matched me with JM Logistics LLC. I don't have a direct phone number with JM Logistics, but it was one guy (fairly young, mid twenties at most) with some Ford 350 or something and an enclosed car trailer which could hold a single car. It fit my Y perfectly fine and my vehicle was shipped from Portland to the East side of Washington state. I didn't want to travel during COVID but I wanted ALSET to do my detail work and paint protection film, so I worked with them and had the vehicle shipped to me.

I paid about $895 through RoadRunner, I'm sure working with JM Logistics would have been cheaper, but RoadRunner appeared to be a large broker that I could contact at any time and hopefully hold liable. I double checked with my insurance first (Progressive) and my policy would have covered the vehicle while in transport as long as it remained in the USA, so I declined any additional insurance which RoadRunner tried to sell me.

They were able to do same day pick up and delivery and I got a call about an hour before the guy reached my house. Had no problem on the residential street and the car was unloaded in maybe 2 minutes and then he drove off. Neighbors came out to see what was up and got all excited over my Tesla. lol

I booked via RoadRunner Auto Transport and they apparently matched me with JM Logistics LLC. I don't have a direct phone number with JM Logistics, but it was one guy (fairly young, mid twenties at most) with some Ford 350 or something and an enclosed car trailer which could hold a single car. It fit my Y perfectly fine and my vehicle was shipped from Portland to the East side of Washington state. I didn't want to travel during COVID but I wanted ALSET to do my detail work and paint protection film, so I worked with them and had the vehicle shipped to me.

I paid about $895 through RoadRunner, I'm sure working with JM Logistics would have been cheaper, but RoadRunner appeared to be a large broker that I could contact at any time and hopefully hold liable. I double checked with my insurance first (Progressive) and my policy would have covered the vehicle while in transport as long as it remained in the USA, so I declined any additional insurance which RoadRunner tried to sell me.

They were able to do same day pick up and delivery and I got a call about an hour before the guy reached my house. Had no problem on the residential street and the car was unloaded in maybe 2 minutes and then he drove off. Neighbors came out to see what was up and got all excited over my Tesla. lol

Thanks for the recommendation and
I’m actually having it shipped to ALLSET

I’ll see if I can track down JM logistics.

Thanks again

Why not driving it, it's only 200 miles and return the same day by train or plane?

I would be so much worrying about the tow truck driver not knowing how to set the towing mode
and pulling with a cable the car into the truck bed without releasing the parking brake.
Or getting my car covered by oil from another car parked above my car.

Context: I’m shipping it to get PPF and other mods and driving it will potentially catch some rock chips before I even get the chance to protect it.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up