Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Requesting Ineligible for Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went into the Costa Mesa showroom before the COVID-19 crisis hit full stride and asked about putting in an order and taking delivery later in the year. My Bolt lease is up October 15th and I thought it might be a good idea to order then in case the FSD price were to increase. I was told that Tesla took away the option to be "ineligible for delivery" until a later date (in my case, September). She said to put in my order in July for a September delivery.

Well, apparently there have been mass cancellations because she called back to say Tesla reversed their decision and allowed the the ineligible for delivery policy once again so I put in my order last week. Good move? Bad move?

I also shopped for a 2nd M3 LR AWD for my wife and the sales rep in Dublin told me in mid February that I could take delivery at a later date. The rep was a bit pushy for me to drop the $100 since my wife's Bolt lease is up in September and she said I could just choose the delivery time later. I decided not to since it made no sense and I could just buy and time for delivery at the end of the Q3, which is what they do anyway: deliver the bulk of cars at the end of each quarter. $100 was no big deal but it just made no sense to drop $100 when I could just do it once I was ready.

It sounds like you are paying them $100 to lock in a price just in case it goes up when you are ready to buy. Seems like a reasonable fee to guarantee no price increase. And of course if the price goes down or you just change your mind you can just forfeit the $100 and order again.

Reactions: 907XCP