Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rererral Program Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Olle

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
A while ago we were instructed by the moderators to remove our referral codes from TMC because referrals were at the time for friends and family only.

As I was listening to the Electrec podcast the other day I heard that the two producers were each receiving a 2020 roadster, because they had each referred over 100 people. Who has more than 100 friends and family buying Teslas? I went to the website and sure enough, they posted their referral codes for site visitors, which is probably millions of people. The same seems to be true for most Tesla Youtube channels.

When friends ordered a Tesla with my code, some of them had lost the code at the ordering moment but because the internet was plastered with them they used one of those instead.

Does this mean the program has changed we are now free to put our codes on TMC again (and blast them all over the internet?)

Last edited:
A while ago we were instructed by the moderators to remove our referral codes from TMC because referrals are for now friends and family only.

As I was listening to the Electrec podcast the other day I heard that the two producers were receiving a 2020 roadster, per person, because they had referred over 100 people. Who has more than 100 friends and family buying Teslas? I went to the website and sure enough, they posted their referral codes for site visitors, which is probably millions of people.

Does this mean the program has changed we are now free to put our codes on TMC again, and blast them all over the internet?

Tesla

Posting on TMC is "spam" and "advertising." Running an informational website or youtube channel isn't because you are offering a service to educate people about Tesla, true genuine nature of referral.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 3.33.10 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Olle
Thanks for the info! I am shocked, never realized all these channels were allowed.

Now I understand why I get so few referrals coming through even though friends occasionally take my code to order a car. If they can't find the code the moment it's time to order, they just take one off of the internet, or as happened to a friend who recently ordered, he had my referral but once in the Tesla store the salesperson gave him another referral code.