Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation numbers I just received seem off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two Tesla accounts. Short of the long is that Tesla doesn't have a good way of combining accounts (annoying). So, my original Cybertruck reservation (RN112+++) is on a different account than my Model Y and home solar w/ PWs. I just placed 3 new CT reservations and the numbers came out as such. I wanted to see if the account that had my Model Y would be different.

I am not sure it means anything, but I thought I would share my observation--in the event the numbers are not sequential as a means of rewarding existing owners.

Two (2) ordered on the account with only existing CT reservation
RN119409856​
RN119417213​

One (1) ordered on the account with my existing Model Y
RN119407859​

I have two Tesla accounts. Short of the long is that Tesla doesn't have a good way of combining accounts (annoying). So, my original Cybertruck reservation (RN112+++) is on a different account than my Model Y and home solar w/ PWs. I just placed 3 new CT reservations and the numbers came out as such. I wanted to see if the account that had my Model Y would be different.

I am not sure it means anything, but I thought I would share my observation--in the event the numbers are not sequential as a means of rewarding existing owners.

Two (2) ordered on the account with only existing CT reservation
RN119409856​
RN119417213​

One (1) ordered on the account with my existing Model Y
RN119407859​
I believe the reservation numbers are tied to build dates for particular configurations. Read that somewhere but I could be totally off-base. Are all configured exactly the same?

We are toying with ordering one. I wish I had ordered one when they launched. We got rid of our camper and F350 because of the fuel cost and lack of use. We would definitely use the CT more. I couldn't find anything about whether the 5th wheel would hit the sides so we passed. :(

I believe the reservation numbers are tied to build dates for particular configurations. Read that somewhere but I could be totally off-base. Are all configured exactly the same?

We are toying with ordering one. I wish I had ordered one when they launched. We got rid of our camper and F350 because of the fuel cost and lack of use. We would definitely use the CT more. I couldn't find anything about whether the 5th wheel would hit the sides so we passed. :(
How would Tesla know build dates for reservations placed 3 years ago? I have no reference but I think they are similar to the VINs Tesla uses. They are not sequential per se but they do give you a general idea. Just because the last 5 digits were out of order on the 3 orders doesn’t mean the RN119s will be filled in that order. But the RN112 should be filled before RN119.