Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservations Statistics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think we'll draw any real conclusions until we start comparing in masses and with more data (e.g. Are you an owner, tesla employee, space X employee, or new customer? What country and time zone did you deserve in? What was the date and time of your reservation? Etc)

For other Teslas, Reservation Numbers have not been decodable. For the Model X, they used to give two numbers (the Reservation Number and the Sequence Number), but they have since stopped publicly displaying a sequence number. I don't think your reservation number tells you anything about number reserved, etc.

Many people recommend keeping your RN private.

First digits are store #? I'd guess at some point they'll true-up the res # across time zones so that folks in later zones aren't penalized.

Guessing this is the case, as mine (Raleigh, NC) is RN107XXXXXX and I don't think they have sold ~300K of them quite yet. I'm assuming the store/region number is coded into the reservation number in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't count on the numbers, in Belgium/Netherlands across several stores numbers with 107 and 108 were given.
Imho this is simply a way to allow the servers to handle a lot of reservations, so server 1 always returns 107* numbers and server 2 gives 108* numbers. That way the load for reservations is easily spread across the two machines without conflicting numbers. I expect the variation to grow ever larger when online reservations become available. 109,110,111,112,113, ...