Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Resolved] Beyond Frustrated How do I contact a Regional Manager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my X for less than 60 days 20 of those days my X has been in the service center. In the first 24 hours of ownership my brakes failed and my passenger door wouldn't open (should have been my first clue that something not right). It has been non stop from there. I'm still looking at 7+ more days when more parts arrive. Some of the repairs have been installed improperly making more problems it's like I spent $120,000 for a car that is so poorly built that it requires what feels like non stop repairs. To top it of the tech tells me my seals that are messed up on my X "that's how they are all coming in" and didn't fix them. This is our 3rd tesla and what a painful experience this one has been.

Anyway sorry venting just tired and frustrated.

If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

I've had the same experience, but trying to stay positive. The service centers are gaining more experience with the car every day, as are the designers, engineers, and production operators. If Tesla wants their reputation intact for the Model 3 they will make things right.

I am very positive about tesla I have a 2015 model S it's near perfection and joy to drive. This X should never have made it out of the factory. In my initial post I never even got into the parts that were missing or damaged from the factory.

Thank you @Drivin and @KaiserSoze for you feedback I will try to stay positive.

I have had my X for less than 60 days 20 of those days my X has been in the service center. In the first 24 hours of ownership my brakes failed and my passenger door wouldn't open (should have been my first clue that something not right). It has been non stop from there. I'm still looking at 7+ more days when more parts arrive. Some of the repairs have been installed improperly making more problems it's like I spent $120,000 for a car that is so poorly built that it requires what feels like non stop repairs. To top it of the tech tells me my seals that are messed up on my X "that's how they are all coming in" and didn't fix them. This is our 3rd tesla and what a painful experience this one has been.

Anyway sorry venting just tired and frustrated.

If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry CaliX, you have so many issues with your X. I will be getting mine in a few weeks - hopefully. Your experience concerns me, and I hope when the new parts arrive, your problems will be corrected/fixed to your satisfaction. Please keep us updated.

During the days your X is in the shop, have they given you a loaner, and if so what Model since X is not sufficiently available. And as a
side note, what are the restrictions on mileage usage on loaners, if any. It would be a bummer if you had a vacation trip planned and you have to rent a car instead of enjoying your new purchase.

Tesla service is great and they will fix it and exceed your expectations!!!

Just go and have a chat with the local SC, no need to make them look bad by escalating it or by pulling out the lemon law.

They are a bit busy but will get it done!

Be patient.
What service center have you dealt with? Helps if you add vehicle info to your signiture.

@ModelXBoy what did you do to get TM to replace your X? I am at 21 days in SC my X has many more repairs to go.
@ModelXBoy - what is your experience with loaners - did they offer you one? I will be spending over $110K on mine and will be very disappointed if I cannot enjoy it on my vacation due to repairs, or waiting for parts. What are restrictions on loaner usage, mileage, etc,
I don't mine paying a reasonable mileage fee, but I would be quite upset if I cannot enjoy our new purchase and it ruins my vacation plans due to repairs needed under warranty on my brand new purchase! I hope your experience is not a typical one. Response appreciated.

I hate calling them out because they really have been trying. The final straw for me was yesterday after a trim piece was replaced on my last visit my friend came over to my house when he came in he asked why was a trim piece hanging off my car. I still have 10 more things that need to be fixed or still waiting on parts. Down from the 38 items to be fixed or replaced. I'm not talking about just small items... windows, whole seat (not the 3rd row), failed brakes, damaged dash etc... Things missing clips, rail covers for the front seats tracks etc... from the factory. Dash was damaged from the factory.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that when I ordered my Model S in 2012 I saw pictures posted on this forum of fit and finish issues that were horrible. By the time I received mine in May of 13 they were fixed and everyone who had those issues got them resolved. It is still inexcusable that you have to go thru this, maybe talk to the service manager and explain your frustration. That is better than escalating above them to start.

@ModelXBoy what did you do to get TM to replace your X? I am at 21 days in SC my X has many more repairs to go.

Hi @CaliX
It's unfortunately that you are also going through some tough time with your X. You need to talk to your SC manager, let him or her know your situation and frustration. Talk to them regarding lemon law in California. What happened if fixed over 30 days etc. Make sure be professional, courteous, and respectful. SC manager will discuss the possible outcome with you. Good luck bud!

Hi @CaliX
It's unfortunately that you are also going through some tough time with your X. You need to talk to your SC manager, let him or her know your situation and frustration. Talk to them regarding lemon law in California. What happened if fixed over 30 days etc. Make sure be professional, courteous, and respectful. SC manager will discuss the possible outcome with you. Good luck bud!

Thank you I will call them tomorrow. Is this what you did?

@dtan398 the SC has given me 2 different new S's (less than 100 miles on them) to drive. No mileage restrictions. You are getting a new build I would be surprised if you have the problems I have.
Thanks for your prompt response. My X will still be relatively new when I do get it in a few weeks. That will be the only car in the family, which I will be depending on for daily use and to enjoy it during vacation(s). During the first year of production on a new model, all the 'bugs' may not have been discovered and fixes may take extra time due to parts shortage, esp. X with so many unfilled reservations/orders. I know, I should be more optimistic, but after hearing Elon saying "It's the most difficult car to build" and that it is "over engineered", I am a little skeptical as it will take time for engineering changes to be implemented, with improved, more reliable design or parts.