Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[RESOLVED] Purchased FSD, Tesla won’t honor it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, thanks for all the options - bats, cones, etc. But if I read the comments correctly, I will be at the mercy of the local center to install/activate the FSD software I've paid for.

That's all well and good. When I go in to pick up my car, in addition to doing a physical inspection of the car, I want to be able to confirm the software package I've purchased too! If I may paraphrase some comments, `Tesla is a software company that is building a car to move the computer around'. I just want to ensure that my software is installed, just as checking the doors fit properly and the paint is properly applied.

(please bear in mind I'm on the long snaking line filled with Model Y people, waiting to get on the ride)

You aren't at their mercy if you ordered it with the car. It should come completely happy. I'd hazard to guess that well over 99.9% of the FSD orders last quarter were configured absolutely correctly.

Although I definitely have sympathy for your situation, the repeated escalations does make sense to me. Your FSD order somehow escaped the system for activating it automatically, and most employees can't turn it on without the system registering it, and for good reason. You wouldn't want people to be able to bribe any Tesla employee to turn it on for them, or have employees turn it on for their own car or those of friends who didn't pay, would you?

My advice is to not worry about it too much, just keep enjoying the car for now, that, even without FSD is still more advanced than any other car on the road today. Keep pushing them to escalate and resolve the issue, of course, but try not to let it hamper your enjoyment of the car in the meantime (easier said than done with this sort of thing, I know!)

Reactions: Evoforce and coch
Finally!!! After everything, Summon and Nav on Autopilot showed up on my MX completely randomly last night while driving. It didn't even need an update. Thank you to one of the 9-12 Tesla employees who I enlisted for help on this arduous journey.

Lessons learned:

-Don't take delivery until you make sure every option is on the car (don't take 'we'll get around to it at another date' for an answer)

-If something is wrong with your car, constantly bug every single Tesla point of contact you can reach until it's fixed?

-The delivery center will say anything to make you take the car as is and ASAP. (they lied to me several times-- first, about the car having FSD installed in the first place when I specifically asked. They showed me the autopilot screen and said 'see?'. They took advantage of me being uninformed. Then, about FSD being on my Tesla account when every other source said it clearly wasn't-- which was the main issue) Also, I'm almost positive the DC was responsible for this whole fiasco in the first place. [Marina Del Rey]

Hey on the bright side In the Uk we have hw3, FSD on car but....summon is simply useless, auto park is hit and miss, the car wets it’s knickers when going uphill or near anything large and white.
As far as I’m concerned it is transferable to next car if it’s never worked on current car. elon will sell cars with the steering wheel as an extra cost in the future but if it doesn’t turn the wheels it will be a beta steering wheel the monkey!