Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Resting Model 3 Driver on Chicago Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True and [not condoning] but.....it looks like he is only going 5mph. So he is not going to run under a truck and sheer the top off or slam into someone and flip their car. He could very well be watching the road from that position and his hands may be on the wheel. Even on the video it says he waved at the camera person so he was aware that he was being videoed. Did you take the video?[/not condoning]

Also an argument can be made that the person taking the video was actually distracted driving, moving faster and possibly more dangerous.

I'm a little concerned as well. I have a bad back so typically sit more leaned back - curious how often I have been recorded.

Everyone in Formula One must be napping during their races as well!

upload_2019-7-1_18-46-14.jpeg

Definitely not acting. He was super relaxed... maybe not asleep, but definitely not an alert driving position. I had my autopilot on with one hand on the wheel while taking the video. Traveling about 50 mph. I've seen these videos of snoozing drivers popping up, but never thought I'd actually see one in real life. These cars are so exciting to drive, I have no idea how you would even get that relaxed.

I have had my car for 2 months, but I am still very tensed when its on autopilot. I guess I dont trust it yet. But it is very helpful in say, if I want take my eyes off on an open road, to reach for something or to stare at those beautiful clouds through the roof for a few moments