Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nice! check out that beautiful stitching on there too! probably wont have concerns with this one peeling.

and it was all free and covered over warrenty? or did you have to pay anything out of pocket?
For the yoke people it's free if you have a peeling yoke. The wheels don't peel, so it's less likely to have a defect that requires replacement.

Tesla charges around $2k to retrofit if it's not a warranty thing. But if you look around ebay, craigslist etc, you can occasionally find the wheel much cheaper. Would require programming, but that can be done.

I swapped my old steering wheel to the "new" yoke about 2 weeks ago, as mentioned, no charge. I lasted about yoke 2 weeks with the yoke and swapped back to steering wheel (new variant, center horn/camera button).

At times the yoke was cool but for me, it felt like I had to put in more "effort" to engage into turns, parking, and city driving (D.C.). Highway driving was less of an issue, for sure. Additionally, there were a few times I felt less confident having to make sudden maneuvers while in traffic, etc.

All in all, just felt it wasn't for me.

However, huge fan of center horn and camera button!

So I had a pucker butt incident a few days ago when a C8 Corvette suddenly decided he needed to occupy the lane I was in but with not enough space to change lanes without hitting me. He twitched toward my lane and I knew what was coming next (the full lane change). Due to muscle memory for every car I have ever driven, I started slamming the palm of my hand onto the center 'horn' on the steering wheel and nothing was happening (of course). He then initiated his lane change quickly and I had to slam on my brakes and luckily the guy behind me saw what was happening in front of him and backed off early so he would not panic brake and rear end me. By the time the C8 was halfway in my lane, my brain finally said, "The horn is not in the center, it is a small button on the right side" and I was able to finally sound the horn and the C8 jerked back to his lane and just stayed there because he knew he screwed up and almost damaged his pretty new C8 and my MX,
After that incident, I am 100% in the camp that having the horn not in the center is dangerous because by the time you stop doing muscle memory and think about where the horn is, a couple seconds has passed and whatever you were trying to warn about is already happening.

I bought a used 2023 Plaid with the yoke and no center horn. Started peeling so I set a mobile appointment. Tesla initially told me I had to pay for it. Sent the TSB and they agreed. I told them I wanted a round wheel with a center horn.

Two weeks later the tech messages me the night before my appointment and said this part does not exist and I can either get a round wheel with a horn button, or the new yoke. I sent him a photo of my friends 2024 plaid with a round wheel and center horn and then he told me the part is not available. You wonder why our service center is rated one of the worst in the country? I opted for the updated yoke. I bought a new round wheel from ebay for $740 and hope I can sell the yoke to recoup as much as possible. The yoke is cool, but id rather have a round wheel. I also ordered the s3xy stalks and will install everything once those arrive.

No center horn was Teslas most ridiculous design change they have ever done. Im very libertarian but a center horn should be a law lol.