Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revenge of the Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like tonight that my local PBS station (KPBS - San Diego) is showing "Revenge of the Electric Car" at 10PM for an episode of Independent Lens.
Thank you for this posting. I've passed it along to some of my friends with the added editorial, :redface:
"This week on PBS... ME! Oh and also the CEOs of Nissan, Tesla and former VP of GM who will be tuning in to see ME! (check your Local Listings)"

Very interesting film. Makes me appreciate the vision and determination that Musk has.

I never even considered a Tesla until I saw the film. Previously my impression Tesla was a company that made electric cars that cost over $100,000 and had a host of problems. Now I have a reservation. ROEC is probably the best advertising that Tesla has (at least until some get delivered and the neighbours see them).

Actually what we need is a product placement film.

Like The Italian Job for the Tesla.

(The original with Michael Caine. Yup, have him be the lead.)

Filmed within a year of the S's launch.

Three of them, red, white and blue.

A heist.

And use stealth as their getaway trick.

Would they make it from Turin to the Italian alps on a charge?

Yup!

Just.

Actually what we need is a product placement film.

Like The Italian Job for the Tesla.

(The original with Michael Caine. Yup, have him be the lead.)

Filmed within a year of the S's launch.

Three of them, red, white and blue.

A heist.

And use stealth as their getaway trick.

Would they make it from Turin to the Italian alps on a charge?

Yup!

Just.

My OTHER car is a Giulia Super. That is the car that was the police car chasing the Minis around Italy. Fun to drive also. But -- ah, a little different than the Tesla! People who lived in Italy in that time period frequently come up to me and say, "Hey! I remember that car!"

The film is getting it's UK Premiere on the 20th at Leicester Square, London. That's a pretty big deal.

I think this would be a great opportunity to show the mainstream media what modern EVs are actually like by invading Leicester Square en masse.

Revenge of the Electric Car Official UK Film Site

EMPIRE CINEMAS Film Synopsis - Revenge Of The Electric Car

Film review: Revenge of the Electric Car | Next Green Car

Competition to win tickets Revenge of the Electric Car | Pod Point

Unfortunately I'm at a friend's stag party, but this is a chance to have a pretty big UK EVent [quickly looks to see if he can attend and then jump on the M4 to the party...]

After the premiere in (I think) New York, there was talk about a panel discussion that took place after the premiere, and that it would be included on the DVD. Has anyone seen it already, is it interesting? And is it on the DVD only, or also on iTunes?

Funny, when I saw RotEC in Palo Alto, I asked him "are you working on the next movie?" and he said (with a slight sigh) "I plan to take a break for a while!"
Maybe he got restless already.

I helped Chris shoot the CARB meeting in SD three years ago. Some fascinating stuff with Martin. At that time he had no plans to do a second Electric Car movie. It was more of a planet movie (my term).

Whatever he's talking about now could be totally changed 6 months from now.

Saw the movie for the first time tonight. I just have to say thanks to all the roadster buyers, Daimler, and the Fed Govt for allowing me to come to the party late and buy my S. I'm not sure how you first in line roadster buyers hung in there but I'm glad you did. Huge to kudos to all of you, and Elon too.

Saw the movie for the first time tonight. I just have to say thanks to all the roadster buyers, Daimler, and the Fed Govt for allowing me to come to the party late and buy my S. I'm not sure how you first in line roadster buyers hung in there but I'm glad you did. Huge to kudos to all of you, and Elon too.

Yeah, it's really a great watch. Looking forward to the rumored "Triumph of the Electric Car" in a couple of years.