Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it occurs when they try and push the gain. It shows any imperfections.

Not sure if it’s ‘within tolerance’ though. They do have a habit of changing the processing from time to time.

Maybe worth posting an image. It may also show on TeslaCam footage.

Mines not like that. I think it’s the best reversing camera I’ve ever had. Hardly any light where I live and the view is clear and full of details. Makes the one on my wife’s Dacia Duster look horrible.

Yes, I find mine pretty good even in the dark. I think people with newer MS have reported more issues in bad light, though the earlier MS was apparently much better. You can certainly see much more from the camera than from the mirrors!

Mines not like that.

Dunno if the O/P has MS/MX rather than M3, but the reversing camera on recent MS / MX is dreadful (camera changed for one that works better for AP, but consequence is that its low-light visible spectrum performance is terrible)

I did a trip in M3 last night, and reverse-turned in the same place as I usually do (I normally take the MS), and I would say the M3 is better than the MS ... but I only have one data point :)

Reactions: rEV gadget
paah that's not bad ... I have lines and dead pixels (white spots) on my side and front cameras in low light that Tesla say is perfectly normal o_O
vlcsnap-2019-09-25-17h49m40s001.png