Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse Summon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried to use summon to back my car into the garage, however, it is does not appear to be designed to do this. Has anyone else had success with this? It either stops short or doesn't accurately detect the wall. I can't really utilize summon because I primarily back my car into the garage in order to get the falcon wing doors past the garage door. Plus, I just like backing in better than driving in forward.

I am curious to know how/if this works too!

I'm currently preparing my garage and struggling with the charger location, I basically need to decide in advance whether we'll be backing in or going in forward. Same as OP, I believe backing in would make the FaWD clear the garage door, which would be a nice bonus- but ability to use summon to get it in there would be a really nice bonus. I'm not as keen on backing in as you are :)

I have tried to use summon to back my car into the garage, however, it is does not appear to be designed to do this. Has anyone else had success with this? It either stops short or doesn't accurately detect the wall. I can't really utilize summon because I primarily back my car into the garage in order to get the falcon wing doors past the garage door. Plus, I just like backing in better than driving in forward.

Did you try summon into your garage going forward? Does it work? You might have to change some distance settings for summon to park you car in close enough.

Forward works fine. But backing in is hit or miss. Even when you're in the setup screen it is designed for forward summon, not backward. All the measurements are as if it is forward. So backing works, but not well and it doesn't appear to be built to modify like forward. There is zero chance I would trust it to act alone as I have had it stop to soon and close the garage with the nose out still and another time I had to cancel as I thought it was going to hit the wall!!

I've not had a problem with backing up into my narrow garage with summons in my week old X. I did have a scare last night with me driving it in as I must be too slow. The garage door must have been activated by the home link connection as the door nearly hit my hood. In a panic I kept going backwards till front wheels broke the light path...scary

I've not had a problem with backing up into my narrow garage with summons in my week old X. I did have a scare last night with me driving it in as I must be too slow. The garage door must have been activated by the home link connection as the door nearly hit my hood. In a panic I kept going backwards till front wheels broke the light path...scary
I moved my light beam up so it lined up with the longest part of my car to prevent this.