Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open garage automatically… (but in reverse)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I back my S into the garage because the charger is in the back of the garage. I’d like to have the auto garage door activate when backing into the garage. The system seems to only work when you’re drive forward into the garage. Does anyone know how to get it to activate when the car is in reverse and getting closer to the garage?

Not likely. Surely you are not backing down a long driveway. The opener seems to have a long range in front. As you are coming up to, or by, the garage, set it to open at that distance. Then back in.
I’m thinking the same. My driveway is three cars long and the MyQ door is opening about 150’ before I turn into the driveway.

Where on the car is the MyQ signal coming from anyway?

I always backing into my garage. When I passed my house in the alley, the garage door automatically opened and I can back in without issue, granted I don't have a long drive way, but even if you have a long drive way, you can back up slowly, once it is close to 20ft or so, it will open.

Does anyone know the setup needed for auto open?
My 2015 MS has Homelink, use it everyday manually. But is mine capable of auto open when I arrive home?
Is there a specific version or something?
When I bought her about a year ago, I went thru the steps to setup Homelink to my garage, but I don't remember an auto-open option.
I was just happy to get the manual version working.
It does pop up on the screen as I approach my garage. I just have to press it. Would be nice to not have to.

Not sure which one you’re talking about, but MyQ knows. If the door is already open, it stays open and says open on the display.

Yes, MyQ knows when the door is opened or closed. Did you pay for the integration with Tesla?
Yes, the myq integration knows... but the wireless homelink does not. The person above was asking about a 2015 Model S... which does not support the integration (unless a very recent software upgrade changed it).

Reactions: DerbyDave