Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review - Tire repair - Vancouver Costco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

Last Wednesday my rear driver's side tire was attacked by this:
96606EF2-CDC8-4573-984E-F8AA05E8CF2E.jpeg

I noticed it when it started making the clack-clack-clack noise. I was close the the Burnaby Costco and decided to stop by and see if it is repairable. I've never used the Costco tire shop before and was not sure if they can handle the 3 (jacking etc...). After checking that they are comfortable with it I took a deep breath and let the car go for the tire repair. I got to watch them from the outside and I have to say they knew what they were doing. They had the "puck kit" and info for handling the 3 and the tire repaired in under 45 minutes.

Here is a close up of the culprit, tire repair guy was impressed, as was I.
0758DF1C-2CB5-497E-B1EF-78FAE0F54240.jpeg

4C090E52-8484-4F9F-97EC-3381B8B1C08A.jpeg

C062117C-9CE2-4278-9032-2499BD4DFFCA.jpeg

Great service for $13 all in.

I'd thought I'd share this in case anyone gets into a similar situation and are close to a Costco. I imagine they are familiar with all the Tesla models but check anyway.

P.S. do not remove whatever punctures your tire, chances are that it is plugging the leak and you can limp on it (unless you can hear the psssss :D)

Reactions: mrElbe
Hello Everyone,

Last Wednesday my rear driver's side tire was attacked by this:
View attachment 419363
I noticed it when it started making the clack-clack-clack noise. I was close the the Burnaby Costco and decided to stop by and see if it is repairable. I've never used the Costco tire shop before and was not sure if they can handle the 3 (jacking etc...). After checking that they are comfortable with it I took a deep breath and let the car go for the tire repair. I got to watch them from the outside and I have to say they knew what they were doing. They had the "puck kit" and info for handling the 3 and the tire repaired in under 45 minutes.

Here is a close up of the culprit, tire repair guy was impressed, as was I.
View attachment 419361
View attachment 419360
View attachment 419362

Great service for $13 all in.

I'd thought I'd share this in case anyone gets into a similar situation and are close to a Costco. I imagine they are familiar with all the Tesla models but check anyway.

P.S. do not remove whatever punctures your tire, chances are that it is plugging the leak and you can limp on it (unless you can hear the psssss :D)

Mine was fixed for free at Tesla service. My tire was too flat to drive so it was picked up and taken to the Portland SC. Got the latest (at that time) SW download too....important to me since there’s no WiFi in my condo garage