Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: Unplugged Performance Moderate Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.13.37 PM.png

Here is a comparison of UP moderates... I will hopefully install some aftermarket 19" wheels this weekend

While I wait on a response from UP, does anyone know whether or not the springs for the LR RWD can be installed on the SR+ RWD?

If they're not compatible, then I've got an unopened box of moderate springs available for sale. It's for the LR RWD.

While I wait on a response from UP, does anyone know whether or not the springs for the LR RWD can be installed on the SR+ RWD?

If they're not compatible, then I've got an unopened box of moderate springs available for sale. It's for the LR RWD.

Here is what it will look like. I didn't want to wait for their SR model springs since I had a set already available. Might be ever so higher, but I don't mind.

Lowering the Model 3

• Informative
Reactions: latimerluis
Oh thank you. It's interesting that you mentioned that you didn't see a difference in ride quality. I wonder if that has to do with the springs being made for the LR. Either way, I think your setup is exactly what I wanted - 15/20 mm BLOX spacers + UP moderates. It looks nice.

To the OP - thanks so much for our detailed assessment of these springs. Very helpful.

Reactions: stinkythegrump
What made you choose UP Moderates over the UP Super Performance for you P3D+?
I didn't want the ride to be any harsher then factory. I wanted the lowering more for looks... After the fact though I have to say the biggest difference in handling was caused by the wheels/tires.
When I switched to UP Moderates I was on the 20" wheels with the Michelin 4S. Handling became more comfortable but not noticeably worse for cornering ( on the road during day to day driving, non of what I say applies to track ). Then I switched to aftermarket wheels, 19"x9" wide with green oriented rubber ( continental pure contact LS 245mm), it is more silent and better at handling road imperfections but this made a big negative difference for confidence during cornering. The car is a different car just because of wheels/tires. Although it made the rear more over steer happy, so it is kinda more fun to drive, since you can throw the car around more then you could with the Michelins.

I didn't want the ride to be any harsher then factory. I wanted the lowering more for looks... After the fact though I have to say the biggest difference in handling was caused by the wheels/tires.
When I switched to UP Moderates I was on the 20" wheels with the Michelin 4S. Handling became more comfortable but not noticeably worse for cornering ( on the road during day to day driving, non of what I say applies to track ). Then I switched to aftermarket wheels, 19"x9" wide with green oriented rubber ( continental pure contact LS 245mm), it is more silent and better at handling road imperfections but this made a big negative difference for confidence during cornering. The car is a different car just because of wheels/tires. Although it made the rear more over steer happy, so it is kinda more fun to drive, since you can throw the car around more then you could with the Michelins.

Did you also upgrade your sway bars? I'm going to UP's shop to get moderate DR springs as well as front & back sway bars installed, which I think is what will make cornering feel more planted.

Hi all,

I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks. I have a Model 3 Performance (Non-Performance Package) that I bought in Aug 2018. I recently upgraded my stock Aero wheels to 20” TSW Aileron wheels with a Toyo Proxes 4 Plus staggered wheels, mid-to-low profile tires, so not much cushioning.

I’m having the worst ride these days, it’s super bumpy, feels every pin on the road, every small groove or ditch the car goes over, hits my brain and my ears with the cabin making noise. On high speeds and big bumps, the car goes like a horse - up and down. I am so frustrated. I keep the PSI to 41 (Cool) - 45 (Hot). I’m looking for a smooth ride, something that will cushion up much more and give me less bumpy ride.

I called Unplugged Performance, they recommended MILD springs. I ordered them on the phone (free shipping), and they’re backordered till end of August.

Did I make the right call?

Hi all,

I’ve been following this thread for a few weeks. I have a Model 3 Performance (Non-Performance Package) that I bought in Aug 2018. I recently upgraded my stock Aero wheels to 20” TSW Aileron wheels with a Toyo Proxes 4 Plus staggered wheels, mid-to-low profile tires, so not much cushioning.

I’m having the worst ride these days, it’s super bumpy, feels every pin on the road, every small groove or ditch the car goes over, hits my brain and my ears with the cabin making noise. On high speeds and big bumps, the car goes like a horse - up and down. I am so frustrated. I keep the PSI to 41 (Cool) - 45 (Hot). I’m looking for a smooth ride, something that will cushion up much more and give me less bumpy ride.

I called Unplugged Performance, they recommended MILD springs. I ordered them on the phone (free shipping), and they’re backordered till end of August.

Did I make the right call?

This may be a weird question, but have you reverted back to the aero wheels to see if the ride is back to what you expected?

Based on your symptoms I would say yes, definitely.

i have the unplugged moderates on my P3D+ and I can guarantee you it is more of a wheel/tire thing then suspension. I drove with the stock 20” wheels for sometime ( after the spring installation) and then switch to after market 19” wheels with some “green” oriented tires and that made a huge difference in ride quality.