Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RFID toll road tag behind nose cone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in TX and tried several spots for the "sticker" from TXTag following Tesla docs to place it to the right of the rearview mirror to no avail.
I ended up getting the external TXTag, and installed it over the top of the front license plate and it works well. IMHO, I don't mind the "looks" of it, with a minor inconvenience of it covering up the word "TEXAS" at the top of my plate.

Same here, I used HD velcro to attach the black license plate mount style iPass to the forward edge of the aluminum bumper crash beam behind the nose cone and seems to be working just fine. We have had only 3 or 4 video tolls over the past few years and I suspect those were related to rolling speed through tollbooth vs actual RFID transmission failure.

Horizontal mounting and high up on bumper beam IIRC to get as far away from parking sensor wiring as possible. It has been long enough ago that I don't remember exactly, would have to pop the nosecone off and take a look.