Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rhythmic vibration at speeds above 80mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m out in Europe for the week and it was something I noticed earlier in the year. At speeds above 80mph there is a rhythmic vibration in the car which increases with speed. It’s about 1-2 seconds of mild vibration, then no vibration for a similar period. At around 90-100mph the vibration is almost constant but not as noticeable I guess due to road noise and general vibration. When I had it in an SC earlier in the year for a minor issue they said nothing my was wrong. Any thoughts? It’s a 2019 pre-raven MX. Thanks

The frequency of the on/off vibration varies with speed (higher the faster you go) and almost becomes a permanent vibration at 100+. It’s not heavy and quite mild. I’ll check at my local tyre shop when I’m back in the UK for alignment or imbalance in the tyres.

The frequency of the on/off vibration varies with speed (higher the faster you go) and almost becomes a permanent vibration at 100+. It’s not heavy and quite mild. I’ll check at my local tyre shop when I’m back in the UK for alignment or imbalance in the tyres.
It’s got to be tyres, or bearings, or transmission then. There, that’s narrowed it down!