Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Rial Lugano "Tesla Turbine" 19x8.5" wheels now accept your Tesla center caps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to thank Doc @ Tirerack. Here are the Rial Lugano wheels in graphite silver (the darkest color) with the titanium grey TPMS stem covers and with the stock Tesla center caps inserted. Rubber is Pirelli Sottozero 3 245/45R19 XL 102V. I'm tickled with the EXCELLENT customer service and the product. Doc set me up with a package that included the wheels, tires, TPMS, colored stem covers, black lug nuts, and the adapter for the lug nuts. Switching from summers to winters was easy and affordable.

bc6a15a83eb757c1146953eb87cb4db1.jpg

69c2166ead1ebf3effdfb5ca5c2723d8.jpg

973344cf55f5c7beb00937a079db36d2.jpg

d3107c26900b857930a946fb38e38055.jpg

43594d953ca6f65968b4a87358891b96.jpg

25d46530dc76a479c987b8da659e5a51.jpg

85191e06522230315444de179ce3d2ed.jpg

was thinking about ordering these 19" for a winter set, but after seeing this video i have to ask if anyone else has experienced this close fit???

Rial Lugano 19 with Michelin Xice Xi3 on Tesla Model S - YouTube

Uh Oh - this is the exact configuration that I have ordered from TR a few days ago (they are in transit)... I'm a little apprehensive now. :frown:

My stock P85D had to have something adjusted somewhere because the front left tire was rubbing against the wheel well at a certain angle... and now it looks like it's the right side that is doing it. :crying:

Uh Oh - this is the exact configuration that I have ordered from TR a few days ago (they are in transit)... I'm a little apprehensive now. :frown:

My stock P85D had to have something adjusted somewhere because the front left tire was rubbing against the wheel well at a certain angle... and now it looks like it's the right side that is doing it. :crying:

I have the same set and it's not rubbing for me. Looks like a problem with the car or suspension in that video

I have the same set and it's not rubbing for me. Looks like a problem with the car or suspension in that video

That is reassuring, thanks.
I'd be a bit worried about showing up at a SC with this set as I heard they may not want to assist if you have aftermarket wheels/tires. Ironically, the same issue happened (and is happening now) with their own stock wheels/tires. Somehow space seems to be quite tight in the wheel wells.

Our local America's Tire tried to order a set of your Rial Lugano OE Cap 19x8.5 wheels and Michelin X-ICE XI3 245/45R19 winter tires last Thursday for our 2015 Tesla Model S P85D but he said (and your website confirmed) these wheels are backordered until 03/15/16... OUCH 8-(

What can you do about it?

Also will the Tesla Model S Snow Chain - Trak Sport Tesla Model S Snow Chain - Trak Sport fit on the above tire / wheel combination? Yes I know the Michelin X-ICE XI3 tires shouldn't need chains but some Highway Patrol officers may require chains on vehicles which don't have "snow" tires (which they can decide are "all terrain" or "mud terrain", NOT "all season" tires). Plus snow chains are definitely better albeit a PITA to install / remove when it's seriously cold.

We'd really like a set of these Rial Lugano OE Cap wheels and snow tires ASAP so we can do a snowboard "Winter Wonderland" trip again like we did a couple of years ago in our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with QuadraDrive and 32" BFG All Terrain tires. Our Jeep was unstoppable during a record snowstorm in Telluride, Silverton and Durango Colorado (almost 10 feet in 2 weeks). Lots of tourists couldn't get from the airports to the resorts and even some of the locals couldn't drive to work so we had the mountains to ourselves. EPIC trip we'd like to replicate during the next BIG snowstorm to hit this year in Colorado, Park City. Taos, Mammoth or Lake Tahoe... and waiting until March 15th will almost assuredly mean we'll miss all the big snow storms. 8-(

I know the Michelin X-ICE XI3 tires shouldn't need chains but some Highway Patrol officers may require chains on vehicles which don't have "snow" tires (which they can decide are "all terrain" or "mud terrain", NOT "all season" tires).
The X-ICE 3 tires is very definitely a snow tire, not an all season tire.

- - - Updated - - -

we can do a snowboard "Winter Wonderland" trip again like we did a couple of years ago in our 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with QuadraDrive and 32" BFG All Terrain tires. Our Jeep was unstoppable during a record snowstorm in Telluride, Silverton and Durango Colorado (almost 10 feet in 2 weeks).
A true winter tire like the XIce3 will beat those BFGs in every metric in winter driving, and by a gigantic margin.

Our local America's Tire tried to order a set of your Rial Lugano OE Cap 19x8.5 wheels and Michelin X-ICE XI3 245/45R19 winter tires last Thursday for our 2015 Tesla Model S P85D but he said (and your website confirmed) these wheels are backordered until 03/15/16... OUCH 8-(

What can you do about it?(

Try ordering from Tirerack? I got my set delivered yesterday (same config as what you are describing) - here they are:
IMG_4636.JPG

Besides not accepting the Tesla OE cap, are the Rial Lugano wheels identical?

Will Tesla Service have any issues with NON-OE CAP Lugano wheels?

All the Lugano wheels are hub centric (no centering rings required) and accept the OE Tire Pressure Sensor, so other than the extra machining step used to make the wheel accept the Tesla cap they are identical. I can't speak for Tesla, but I'm not sure if they have an issue with either wheel (they may be concerned with a wheel that would use a centering ring or spacer).

Can the software be changed/updated in my Model S to reflect cyclone-styled wheels as depicted on the 17" or IC display? I currently have base wheels. Will my SC make that change? ... Just asking??
It's an easy change, and some people have had success with their SC making the change. That said, each SC is different, and some are likely going to be harder to deal with than others. I would recommend not making a special trip, but just casually asking about it while they're working on the car for something else anyway, they're more likely to be accommodating that way as it's less out of their way.

Reactions: Cyclone
By popular demand, Tire Rack is pleased to offer the Rial Lugano "turbine" wheel in 19x8.5 now machined to accept your original equipment center caps for the Model S !
Hey Doc, I just wanted to thank you for helping me with the Rial's I bought for my winter tires in the fall. I love the rims!

I was just pricing out another set to use in the summer, and I noticed that your site still insists on forcing custom TPMS sensors on me when I select the Rials, despite the fact that many people on here (myself included) have proven that the OEM sensors work great with these wheels, and at half the price of the custom sensors you're pushing. I let you know about this a few months ago when I got my wheels, do you have any plans to fix this on your website?