Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rich Rebuilds CPO disaster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they screw up enough.

Your hotness needs to exceed your craziness.

You don't seem to understand. They can't screw up the past. The past is already done.

How can you un-do the past?

Its like having a child. You will always be a parent no matter what happens in the future. You can't undo that.

Tesla is the first successfully mass produced EV on the planet. It can't be undone no matter what happens in the future...etc.

So the question is still How.

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
The wife wants an X and there is no way I'm getting a new one due to price but this whole process has scared me off from buying one now. I'll wait to see if things get better, if so maybe I'll bite but if not I'll get a cheap Bolt or something else for now.

You will have to live with that vehicle EVERY DAY vs POSSIBLY having an issue with Tesla? Suit yourself.

Last edited:
Agreed!

As the pressure builds up from the shorts and the cry gets louder for profit, Elon Musk seems to sacrifice quality for short term profit.

Tesla should have stayed private and it should have reverted back to private.

I’m glad they went public because otherwise we wouldn’t have what we do today. But I do wish they could go private now.

Easy. Read a history book.

You don't seem to understand. They can't screw up the past. The past is already done.
How can you un-do the past?

Tesla is the first successfully mass produced EV on the planet. It can't be undone no matter what happens in the future...etc.

So the question is still How.

Just read all the posts and all the Youtube videos from huge Tesla fans about how much Tesla is farking up new and used deliveries. They're doing everything wrong selling used cars. Everything. Every department is understaffed and overworked. It's a massive, systemic problem. If it goes on long enough, Tesla will loose that shine they've spent so long to create, and guess what? People may stop buying cars because Tesla is incapable of scaling up their start-up mentality operation. Tesla could, and has on several occasions, almost gone out of business and FAILED. That's not a success. They can definitely be "unuccessed" only by their own doing. For historic reference, see: Hoist with his own petard - Wikipedia

But you seem caught up on the words "success" vs "successful". Sure you can't change history, and Tesla did successfully launch EVs into the world. I also successfully took a dump this morning. Does that make me a success? If Tesla goes out of business, they are far, far, far from being a success. In fact, that would be a colossal failure, like every other "successful" company that went out of business... Would you call Enron a success? They were successful in changing the energy markets (some for the worse), but ended up being one of the biggest failures in corporate history. How about MCI/Worldcom? Or Blockbuster Video? Lehman Brothers? Madoff Group? Nortel Networks? AIG? (although they got a government bailout because they were "too big to fail")... the list goes on and on and on. These were all successful companies at one point, but ended up being huge failures in the end. See: List of corporate collapses and scandals - Wikipedia

You really think by some divine intervention, Tesla is somehow immune to failing? That they'll always be a success? No, Tesla can easily be "unsuccessed".

I’m surprised that Rich still wants that car.

I’m surprised he didn’t know about the change in the CPO program, but I guess he spends more time working on Teslas than reading all the dribble on the internet.

I guess the short moral is if you want a used Tesla, but it locally after you inspect it yourself or with a mechanic.

I’m surprised the guy who corrected the misspelling of Delorean later mixed up the initials as JDZ instead of JZD.

I’m not surprised people are arguing over the meaning of the word success on the internet.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias and GreenT
Easy. Read a history book.

Just read all the posts and all the Youtube videos from huge Tesla fans about how much Tesla is farking up new and used deliveries. They're doing everything wrong selling used cars. Everything. Every department is understaffed and overworked. It's a massive, systemic problem. If it goes on long enough, Tesla will loose that shine they've spent so long to create, and guess what? People may stop buying cars because Tesla is incapable of scaling up their start-up mentality operation. Tesla could, and has on several occasions, almost gone out of business and FAILED. That's not a success. They can definitely be "unuccessed" only by their own doing. For historic reference, see: Hoist with his own petard - Wikipedia

But you seem caught up on the words "success" vs "successful". Sure you can't change history, and Tesla did successfully launch EVs into the world. I also successfully took a dump this morning. Does that make me a success? If Tesla goes out of business, they are far, far, far from being a success. In fact, that would be a colossal failure, like every other "successful" company that went out of business... Would you call Enron a success? They were successful in changing the energy markets (some for the worse), but ended up being one of the biggest failures in corporate history. How about MCI/Worldcom? Or Blockbuster Video? Lehman Brothers? Madoff Group? Nortel Networks? AIG? (although they got a government bailout because they were "too big to fail")... the list goes on and on and on. These were all successful companies at one point, but ended up being huge failures in the end. See: List of corporate collapses and scandals - Wikipedia

You really think by some divine intervention, Tesla is somehow immune to failing? That they'll always be a success? No, Tesla can easily be "unsuccessed".

Yes Tesla does need to improve service. No question. Before that, Tesla must be profitable. Before that, the Model 3 must get produced. Before that, the Model X must get produced.

Tesla gets there. You can’t just snap your fingers and have everything be built out immediately without great costs.

• Disagree
Reactions: GreenT

I’m surprised he didn’t know about the change in the CPO program, but I guess he spends more time working on Teslas than reading all the dribble on the internet.

I guess the short moral is if you want a used Tesla, but it locally after you inspect it yourself or with a mechanic.

I’m surprised the guy who corrected the misspelling of Delorean later mixed up the initials as JDZ instead of JZD.

I’m not surprised people are arguing over the meaning of the word success on the internet.

If Tesla just made the policy change of not selling the car until title is in hand, that would help significantly.

Reactions: davidc18
I don't think that running used cars is Tesla's core business. They're great at design and engineering. They get by on manufacturing. New car sales get done. Used cars seems like their lowest priority and expertise. Why not totally outsource the used cars? I bought from Carvana last year and it was a great experience and the car was in fabulous condition. There has got to be a competent used car processing company could take over repurchase, recondition, marketing, and selling, I can't believe Tesla is making much money on such a broken process now.

I also feel like Rich already knew about the non-CPO program and that's why he made the video; it's good business for him. Nonetheless it seems to be a real problem.

• Love
Reactions: markb1
Yes Tesla does need to improve service. No question. Before that, Tesla must be profitable. Before that, the Model 3 must get produced. Before that, the Model X must get produced.

Tesla gets there. You can’t just snap your fingers and have everything be built out immediately without great costs.

No, that is what the billions in risk capital was suppose to buy. Tesla isn't a bootstrap business. That could never happen in this sort of company.

This is YouTube gold for him. If he'd ordered the car and everything went smoothly, he'd do a quick video and get a few thousand views. By feigning ignorance about the CPO program and making repeated videos about a failed delivery, he can milk it for all it's worth in multiple YouTube videos.