Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride quality of 20 Inch vs 19 Inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read in reviews that ride quality of MY 20 inch wheels is worse than 19 Inch wheels.
I still see plenty of people ordering MY with 20 inch wheels.
Can the current MY owner help me understand the ride quality difference between 19 and 20 inch wheels?
I like the look of 20 inch wheels but I am afraid that ride quality will be harsh.

For reference I have owned Porsche Cayenne S, BMW 330 CI and my current cars are Audi A4 Cab and Acura MDX.
How will MY ride quality in 20 and 19 inch compare to any of these cars.

I have read in reviews that ride quality of MY 20 inch wheels is worse than 19 Inch wheels.
I still see plenty of people ordering MY with 20 inch wheels.
Can the current MY owner help me understand the ride quality difference between 19 and 20 inch wheels?
I like the look of 20 inch wheels but I am afraid that ride quality will be harsh.

For reference I have owned Porsche Cayenne S, BMW 330 CI and my current cars are Audi A4 Cab and Acura MDX.
How will MY ride quality in 20 and 19 inch compare to any of these cars.
I had this great debate. I overanalyzed the crap out of it. Decided that where I live in north Jersey mountain type roads I'll go with 19 inch's grab snow tires for them and do some aftermarket 19s most likely this spring that look better but who knows may just stick with gemini and rotate out tires on those rims each winter. Just can't justify $2k for something that may make the ride worse. I want this new car for family trips and the 20s make me too nervous that my wife will complain.

Reactions: iustin
I had this great debate. I overanalyzed the crap out of it. Decided that where I live in north Jersey mountain type roads I'll go with 19 inch's grab snow tires for them and do some aftermarket 19s most likely this spring that look better but who knows may just stick with gemini and rotate out tires on those rims each winter. Just can't justify $2k for something that may make the ride worse. I want this new car for family trips and the 20s make me too nervous that my wife will complain.

I have the exact same plan. I will buy snow tires and mount them on 19 inch gemini rims.
I will purchase 19 inch black colored rims in summer. We have snow tires on for 5 months so I get to use nice looking black rims for 7 months.

which snow tires did you get?

I have the exact same plan. I will buy snow tires and mount them on 19 inch gemini rims.
I will purchase 19 inch black colored rims in summer. We have snow tires on for 5 months so I get to use nice looking black rims for 7 months.

which snow tires did you get?
I still haven't taken delivery. I actually slowed things down swapped to the geminis after I had an induction wheel vin assigned. Unsure which winter tires I'll go with yet.