Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Right Headlight Malfunction Detected

Car has a mind of its own. Yesterday I got a Left Headlight Malfunction Detected warning on drivers screen and the left light on the car animation was out. Light wasn't working. Next time I got in the car, light is working and no warning.

Today I get the Right Headlight Malfunction Detected warning. Cycled power on lights and it went away.

What is going on, had a firmware update last month for EMC issue. Early 2016 Model S

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 45
My 2014 (w/ MCU2) has been having the same (right also) intermittent issue this last week. I’d just assumed it was out until the next drive it was fine. After reading your post Baja30 I realized turning them off and back on fixes it for awhile. Weird. Of course I'm always in traffic when it happens and have to flash my lights, ha ha. Hesitant to replace it myself as it doesn’t seem broken and possibly software related.

I don’t expect anyone here to fix it, just wanted to say I hear ya and feel your pain.

Sounds like you need some new bulbs.

You rock @OlderThanDirt ! I'd searched for the specific display warning but didn't search the symptom. Time to buy a matching set of new bulbs. Looks convoluted to get to but not particularly difficult.

Sounds like you need some new bulbs.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC