Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim protection - recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone thought about Alloy protectors?
Gatoralloys etc. Bit pricey at £150 fitted albeit probably cheaper than getting the alloys redone - ive never herbed before but then normally the rubber protects - something we will not have the luxury of

I believe the Turbines are easy to mark due to the protrusion

Reactions: opplo
Hi, has anyone fitted alloygators to their model 3? I'm more interested in who fitted them. I have a local guy to me who did a perfectly good job on my wife's conventional car. But l'm terrified that he could make a mistake when jacking up my model 3.

The Teslas have the same problem that I had in my car before, an Alfa Romeo Giulia QV; the rim is wider than tyre. If you take a rule or stick easily you can see that the metal is outer than rubber. When I changed the Pirelly tyres I bought a Michelin with the XL option, the same tyre but with a lip that protect the rim. I continue damaging the rims but a lot of less.
In the Alfa Romeo the lip of the rim is very thick, perhaps because it uses runflat tyres. In the Tesla the only explanation I can find is the rim has an aerodinamic function and for that reason is out of the logical dimension. If the explanation is "by design", them all og us should do a claim.

P.D.: Alligators and some others have one, or the two, of this problems, the damage the rim when the fixes, and if the protector go out, something easy at high speed or suddenly accelerations, usually damage the body or brake the fenders and more.