Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rimac Concept_Two

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surprisingly poor EPA efficiency of 287 miles from a 120kWh pack, over 400Wh/mi.

Surprisingly poor EPA efficiency of 287 miles from a 120kWh pack, over 400Wh/mi.

Surprisingly overpriced too, or not. One could get 15 Plaids for a single Nevera lol.

Why is that a surprise, its not built for efficiency

Pad drag could come into play, though I would expect Rimac to carefully avoid that same as any modern OEM brakes.

Think about the cooling requirements for such power, and on a car that's supposed to handle full racetrack lapping without any overheating. There could be more drag from that than on any other road-legal EV to date.

Also maybe factory brake ducts.

Also downforce with that wing - some extra drag tends to come along with that.

Also some kind of ridiculous hypercar / racecar performance tires that probably have *sugar* for efficiency.

There's plenty of reasons why a hypercar won't do well on a road car efficiency test, even an EV hypercar. They are purpose built machines. Still streetable and tolerable for casual driving over well-maintained roads, sure, but if they were optimized for normal driving they wouldn't be good hypercars. Expecting them to be as good a commuter / daily driver / road trip car as a Tesla S3XY car is silly.

Performance brakes are larger and the brake pads are held closer to the disks creating more drag, it sounds like you dont know much about making high performance supercars, perhaps Rimac do
I don't, but you're telling me performance pads are always contacting the rotors? That would cause really fast pad wear. If they aren't touching then they aren't creating any more drag.

I'll bet the Roadster will be far more efficient.

Reactions: thesmokingman