Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1163 Group where you at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MrKool, assuming a normal build process and not an in stock or reassigned delivery, it takes about a week once the VIN is assigned to get the car built and out of the factory, then about 2 weeks to you on the east coast. It generally goes by train (for me in Kentucky from California to Chicago), and then by truck to the dealer. Truck delivery times these days could be dicey. Enjoy!

Reactions: MrKool
Hey guys I don’t know how / why you are getting these delivery windows but many with reservations 1146 and earlier are still not delivered and have April dates . I would be highly surprised if you got it before summer . Remember that Tesla will start shipping internationally about June ( which they stopped to catch up with USA model s orders ) so that will further complicate things . Not trying to be a downer just adding some perspective.

I've got a RN116 ordered Jan 11th (Plaid, Red, Black interior, 21"s and no FSD) with the build page showing 2-4 weeks, then after order it was April 18-May something. This week it changed to March 18th to March 31st after scaring me yesterday when it briefly changed to TBD.

Here's hoping for some refreshed headlight/tail light love.

Funny thing though, when I switched to TBD it had a VIN in the page source for a 2016 Model X. Had my hopes up for a brief second until I searched the VIN.

I've got a RN116 ordered Jan 11th (Plaid, Red, Black interior, 21"s and no FSD) with the build page showing 2-4 weeks, then after order it was April 18-May something. This week it changed to March 18th to March 31st after scaring me yesterday when it briefly changed to TBD.

Here's hoping for some refreshed headlight/tail light love.

Funny thing though, when I switched to TBD it had a VIN in the page source for a 2016 Model X. Had my hopes up for a brief second until I searched the VIN.
I saw the same thing yesterday it went away for a minute :) I thought they were doing plaids without long delays. is There a website that tracks how many Plaids were delivered each day like TeslaFi or something?

I’m right there with you all! My order details are updated in my sig (Red Plaid ordered Dec 30 - almost the same as @nexus99 except with 19” wheels). I hope my new EDD range is accurate. Counting the days!
I got my VIN earlier today with estimated delivery date between Feb 6-9 :) so excited. Do you happen to know the website or a way to check if this VIN was a demo car or something? I have seen people mention something to check VIN after they get one assigned but I am not able to find the link.

My original order date was January 12, 2022 (Black / White / 21" / No FSD). Original EDD was July 2022. Shortly after it changed to April 22-May 20. I can't see how I get it that quickly considering all of these other people who ordered in early-mid 2021 that haven't received theirs but hopefully Tesla is forecasting a significant uptick in production. I am expecting July or after though.

I hear what folks are saying regarding a lot of earlier reservation numbers still hanging out there, but the reality is Tesla doesn't fill them in order received. There are people who placed LR orders in Q4 2021 that have already received VINs, some have even taken delivery. It is such a craps shoot, especially with all of the price differentials in play and speculation about prioritizing higher priced vehicles. Time will tell.

I hear what folks are saying regarding a lot of earlier reservation numbers still hanging out there, but the reality is Tesla doesn't fill them in order received. There are people who placed LR orders in Q4 2021 that have already received VINs, some have even taken delivery. It is such a craps shoot, especially with all of the price differentials in play and speculation about prioritizing higher priced vehicles. Time will tell.
i guess if you are making basically the same car LR vs PLAID with a few differences but have parts to build one due to supply chain why you would not build the more expensive one to maximize profits.

Reactions: Alex Philips
i guess if you are making basically the same car LR vs PLAID with a few differences but have parts to build one due to supply chain why you would not build the more expensive one to maximize profits.
It's not even Plaid vs LR, honestly. Within LR orders there is a huge price differential across existing unfulfilled reservations. I think the total price difference right now is as much as $15k, as they raised the price in $5kish jumps over the course of 2021. So you have people who have been waiting since Jan/Feb 2021 for an LR configuration, and yet people with LR orders from August or later already taking delivery. It's kinda nuts.

Reactions: ForDesign