Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road hazard warranty for new car tires`

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plenty of tire dealers offer all-hazard coverage for replacement tires that they sell. Considering the expense of the Tesla tires, does anyone have experience buying such coverage for the OEM tires (in my case, Continental) after delivery ?

I paid for all-hazard under two conditions: one - when we had a Nissan Leaf (my son’s DD) and my wife’s Prius Prime. Both don’t have spares.

The second was when I drove a Lexus LS - those Primacy tires were not cheap and I was doing long road trips - so more risk.

Knock on wood, I’ve never used said coverage. When I take delivery of my MY - I will likely be buying that service again.

As I recall its just a 5-7$ tack on fee.

I paid for all-hazard under two conditions: one - when we had a Nissan Leaf (my son’s DD) and my wife’s Prius Prime. Both don’t have spares.

The second was when I drove a Lexus LS - those Primacy tires were not cheap and I was doing long road trips - so more risk.

Knock on wood, I’ve never used said coverage. When I take delivery of my MY - I will likely be buying that service again.

As I recall its just a 5-7$ tack on fee.
Can you recommend a supplier of this coverage? I contacted AAA which offers this but they said no to Tesla. I'm in Massachusetts and not sure if there are regional or national writers of thsi coverage. Thanks

Can you recommend a supplier of this coverage? I contacted AAA which offers this but they said no to Tesla. I'm in Massachusetts and not sure if there are regional or national writers of thsi coverage. Thanks

There are some third party warranties but I don't like the hassles of sending in proofs, or even the entire tire as a proof for approval of coverage so if I do (I don't right now and I don't know the cost) I would prefer some offers from some chains like:

Tire Road Hazard Warranty at Pep Boys

Firestone Complete Autocare

Of course, you have to go to their own stores to get coverage.

Go to somewhere like Discount Tire, or whatever they are called in your area, and they will sell you coverage cheap.

They have some information about it here: https://www.discounttire.com/customer-service/certificates (They mention buying at the time they sell tires, but they will sell them to you on OEM tires as well.)

Go to somewhere like Discount Tire, or whatever they are called in your area, and they will sell you coverage cheap.

They have some information about it here: Discount Tire | Tires and Wheels for Sale | Online & In-Person (They mention buying at the time they sell tires, but they will sell them to you on OEM tires as well.)
As a new MYLR owner I wanted to just chime in that my local Discount Tire would not sell me certificates for oem tires (Orange County). Only those they sold were eligible. I’ll check pep boys tomorrow.