Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Allante - did your SC measure the noise levels and say that they were within tolerance? Your experience is definitely way worse than mine. I don't hear anything even if someone walks up to the window and speaks to me.

@xkwizit -- Yes, my SC claims the noise levels are within tolerance. Guess I should follow-up with them. For comparison, I recently drove a 3-year old Model S with 21" rims, and it was whisper quiet compared to my X, way quieter than my Hyundai (I know that's not apples-to-apples, but the Hyundai is much quieter than my X).

Next wknd I will be applying door weatherstripping as @mohanman has suggested. Will post my results (and pics) if they are fruitful.

Reactions: Milin1609
I basically just took some Home Depot car weather stripping and placed a layer right next to the already installed weather stripping on the car itself and around the door. I initially thought it made a huge improvement, but my recent driving was loud again. Not sure if the weather stripping moved, or if maybe it was just placebo effect. ..Sigh...

• Helpful
Reactions: Milin1609
I basically just took some Home Depot car weather stripping and placed a layer right next to the already installed weather stripping on the car itself and around the door. I initially thought it made a huge improvement, but my recent driving was loud again. Not sure if the weather stripping moved, or if maybe it was just placebo effect. ..Sigh...
My noise is not from the doors its just a whole undercarriage noise issue. The solution is some audio quality sound deading matt under the carpet around the whole cockpit. Lots of work to pull the carpet then re install. Tesla should do this at the factory and just add the $500 to the price of the car.