Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road Trip: ZRH/PAR/LON/FRA/ZRH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't find a Model S Road Trip section, so I drop this here in case anyone is interested.

First Road Trip in my car I have owned for a couple of months, Switzerland to Paris, then onto UK. Big shout out to Tesla for not only a great touring car, but also the Super Charger network. Coming from a Non-Tesla EV to a Model S I feel like an EV Road King! Just such a great experience. The cars know where the chargers are, it knows when it needs one and they work every time. I find it amazing.

Only 1200KM's so far (750 Miles), but a lot of fun and I am not home yet :)

Happy if anyone else wants to post Road Trip posts too!

Besancon France
1.jpg

Auxerre France
2.jpg

Amiens France
3.jpg

Channel Tunnel Terminal - French side
4.jpg

About to load Channel Tunnel Train
5.jpg

On board the Train - Look close what car came behind me by total coincidence!
6.jpg

Now driving on the left/wrong/correct side of the road (depends where you come from I guess). My car is normally in KM/h, but when I crossed to UK I remembered I could switch it to Miles/h, so did that which is cool as it changes Nav/Range/Speedo/etc.
7.jpg

These are the SuperChargers I used, forgot to get a picture of the Maidstone UK SuperCharger
Road Trip Oct.jpg

Reactions: .jg. and f205v
My brain can't grasp switching sides of the road like that. I've driven in Japan, and that was a pretty unnerving experience. Even being a passenger on the "wrong side" of the road makes me nervous.

Your trip looks fun as hell though! I would love to visit Europe one day.

Just closing this one out as I am home now. 2358kms (1473 miles). No problems, no dramas. Love my car more than ever. He's plugged in and charging, will go and give him a hug before I go to bed. What a hero.

Channel Tunnel. English Side
8.jpg

Brussels Supercharger.
9.jpg

Somewhere north of Frankfurt
10.jpg

Somewhere south of Frankfurt - Don't ask the consumption on the Autobahns when I was having fun. But by God this is THE machine for hammering down the unrestricted German freeways. 220km/h (140m/h) is as great cruise sped, just sweet. Let it ride baby, so smooth its amazing.
11.jpg

Splash and dash in Basel just to get home
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg

God bless America!!!

• Love
Reactions: .jg. and f205v
Hoi f205v.

Mine is called The INTERCEPTOR.... So I figured its a he and not a she, simply because ladies are the fairer sex and a P85D is a brutal unit in many ways... at least compared to anything I've driven before. Whats yours called?

Reactions: f205v