Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2.5 The new Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the new front end and rear diffuser have lowered the coefficient drag on the 2.5 compared to previous models?

I read that the new diffuser wasn't made specifically to help lower the coefficient drag on the Roadster but the new front end was designed to help lower the air pressure on the front end. If I find the article I'll post a link.

I don't know if these are current, but:
Options Pricing

$150 Floor mats
$400 Solarplus Windshield
$600 120V/15 Amp Mobile Connector
$1000 Metallic Paint
$1495 Paint Armor
$1500 240V/30 Amp Mobile Connector
$1800 Premium Seats -Inc: Perforated Leather, Embroidered Logo
$2000 Premium Paint
$3000 High Power Connector
$3000 Electronics Group -Inc: Upgraded Stereo Head Unit, Navigation, Bluetooth Connectivity, Sirius Satellite Radio, Premium 7-Speaker Sound W/Subwoofer, Homelink Door Opener
$3200 Body Color Hard Top
$5000 Clear Coat Carbon Fiber Hard Top
$5000 Extended Warranty -Inc: Additional 2-Years/24,000 Miles
$6000 Executive Leather Interior (N/A W/Premium Seats)
$9000 Clear Carbon Fiber Accent Group
$9000 Premium Carbon Fiber & Leather Interior (N/A W/Premium Seats)
$12000 Battery Replacement *Includes Replacement Battery After A Seven Year Period. Customers May Replace The Battery At An Earlier Date For A Premium Or Later For A Partial Refund.*

Euro prices:

3500 Electronics group (radio tuner, iPod connectivity, 7 speakers including Rockford subwoofer, Bluetooth connectivity, 7” touch screen, GPS navigation, DVD player, reverse camera and USB Port.)
1500 Premium seats
6300 Executive leather interior (inc. premium seats)
9100 Premium carbon fibre & leather interior (inc. premium seats)
125 Floor mats
800 Metallic paint
1600 Premium paint
2500 Painted carbon fibre hardtop
4000 Clear coat carbon fibre hardtop
6200 Exterior clear coat carbon fibre accent group
325 Solarguard windshield

PERFORMANCE
675 Performance tyres
2800 Winter tyres (cast wheels & winter tyres)
2300 Black or Silver forged alloy Tesla wheels (standard for Roadster Sport)
3250 Custom tuned adjustable suspension (standard for Roadster Sport)

CHARGING
500 Spare mobile connector
1200 Universal connector
2400 Home connector

EXTRA
325 Dust cover
9200 Battery replacement
3850 Extended service
330 Tyre pressure monitoring system
350 Hardtop bag

Is the hardtop the same as the 2.0 or older Roadster? I know there are some aftermarket hardtops with a little more headroom. I am thinking of leasing and have never driven the Roadster with a hardtop on and am trying to decide if it's worth getting the body color hardtop (live in Texas). Thanks.

David

Some observations about the new double-DIN Alpine audio system in Roadster 2.5:

You can order the car to have either a generic USB socket, or an iPhone adapter sticking out in front of the parking brake handle. So, if you don't have an iPhone/iPod you could get the USB socket and plug a generic USB flash drive into it with music files. Note: the flash drive needs to be iTunes formatted. It won't read a PC format flash drive with MP3 files.

The touch screen retracts to expose an SD card socket. A PC format SD card with MP3s doesn't work there either. Apparently that SD socket is currently only designed to be used for firmware updates to the audio "head unit". They might update the firmware so it can read MP3s, but apparently not yet.

Thanks. Are people still changing the bulbs out for HID ones? I think I remember reading a thread about that here but can't find it with the search function.
A lot of posts from me recently, I know, so thanks for the help.

Oh, think I found the thread I was thinking about 'Xenon HID upgrade'. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are the 2.5 owners here happy with the INA-W900 (upgraded nav/radio unit) in the Roadster? It seemed ok during my test drive but have read some reviews that said it was ok but not great (including that Alpine doesn't put out map updates that often). I'll see how I like it once the car arrives though but I've had a standalone TomTom for over 8 years now so it will take a little getting used to something else.

Thanks. Are people still changing the bulbs out for HID ones?

Back in early July, Hans (Toronto rep) told me that Tesla was testing a HID upgrade, that they had installed them on Elon's car for him to try out. If the upgrade worked well, they were going to make the upgrade available to owners. They could be installed during servicing for an appropriate fee.

Back in early July, Hans (Toronto rep) told me that Tesla was testing a HID upgrade, that they had installed them on Elon's car for him to try out. If the upgrade worked well, they were going to make the upgrade available to owners. They could be installed during servicing for an appropriate fee.

In the EU Xenon lights require auto-levelling head lamps and a wash/wipe facility (IIRC). I'd say unlikely, if not impossible, to be retrofitted.

Where do they get that TESLA painted on the side? I've seen that on a few of the Roadsters online. At a custom paint shop? I think it looks pretty cool. In the Arctic White I'm getting, maybe putting that in black or grey would look nice. I also noticed they had the Tesla logo painted on each side in front of the doors in black.

Last edited: