Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster headed to Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tom Saxton, a Sammamish software consultant who was an early Microsoft employee, is excited about helping a company that can "make a real difference to the environment."

But he was also blown away by the Roadster's torque when he test-drove prototypes in California.

"You put the pedal on the floor in the car and it's like you're in the sweet spot in first gear, where you're getting tons of acceleration and it just keeps going until you chicken out," he said.

Tomsax?!? Good for you!

Tesla Motors Seattle Road Show

The reporter, Brier Dudley, got in touch with Dave who then put him in contact with several of us who had exchanged emails through the owner's forum. He interviewed several of us and wrote a good article. It was a good experience.

Oh, and I can't wait to test drive a Roadster with the 1.5 drivetrain. The Tesla folks have reserved an unused parking lot and are going to set up a simple 1/4 mile loop so we can drive the car without worrying about getting a ticket.

Thanks, TEG.

I wish the space we had for the drive was a bit bigger, though. Tesla found a huge pavement, and I scouted it for them, which is much bigger (Interbay area, Port of Seattle, for those interested), but the restrictions on its use (<60 mph, for example) prevented its use. Still, we should be able to have some fun this weekend!

Brier Dudley's blog | Update on Tesla Roadster in Seattle: Public viewing times | Seattle Times Newspaper Blog

There won't be opportunities [for the general public] to drive or sit in the car, but people can come watch it being driven, take photos and talk to Tesla employees during events happening in Bellevue: from 8:15 to 12:30 Friday, when journalists will be driving the car, and on Saturday and Sunday from 9 to 5, during an event for buyers.

The events will be held at a former Kmart parking lot in Bellevue, at 15015 Main Street.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Some more video and pictures here:
Tesla Roadster Preview video in Fast Cars on Share on Ovi

e029eb655963443eb76395428bfa54a8.jpg
e613213255aa46c38fab72a05924fd37.jpg
95bf43c0723244aea347dfdb45f9ad16.jpg
cd300933c9bb44a38e177dae75868e06.jpg