Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster interior blower broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Yesterday morning the interior fan of my roadster took about 30 seconds to turn on, while it usually only takes 5-8 secs. Seemed odd to me, however I figured it could be because of the cold (-4 Celsius).
Drove about half an hour with everything running fine. I came back to the car an hour later, only to find out the blower doesn't work at all anymore...

I just read this thread and found that it could be caused by a bad 12V battery. Does that seem likely? I have driven the car & charged it a few times since then.

Prefer not to take it to Tesla b/c of their extreme prices. Does anyone know where the blower is located? Can it be easily accessed by someone without any mechanical knowledge? :)

Blower is located behind the airco unit not easy to access. To replace this it is about 7 hours of work. Cooling system has to be removed completely.

Every good garage can do this for you. You do not need Tesla Service Center.

By the way Cheetah. I see you are located in the Netherlands. Do not know if you are already part of the NE/BE WhatsApp group. If you are not PM me your mobile number and you can become part of this group, get support and join meetings.

Last edited:
You could check if it's only carbon buildup in the fan.
Mine started working after tapping it with a hammer.
Interior fan not working
If only I could access it easily :) great news however, it started working on its own again today. Might have something to do with temperature changes, it was -4C the day it failed, and 9C today.

That's why I'm still thinking of a 12V battery issue... due to the cold it might not have been able to get the blower enough power.
I'm getting my Roadster professionally repainted at the end of January anyway, so they'll take apart the entire car. I'll let them have a look at the blower & get the 12V battery replaced.
They are actually one of only 2 Lotus service centers here in The Netherlands, so I'm confident in their knowledge about the car 😉