Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadtrip -- Seattle to Spokane and back.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

xytor

Roadster #221
Jan 13, 2015
Seattle
Hi All!
I've been planning a trip from Seattle to Spokane and back.
Looking at my range and the available charging locations, I'm going to stop in Ellensburg (probably the Days Inn & EJ RV Park) and then Ritzville at the Cedars Inn RV Park.
Does anybody have experience or advice with this trip?
Thanks!

In Ellensburg, the charging station you'll want to use is located at the intersection of N Main St and W 3rd Ave. It's located in the parking lot next to the public restrooms (SW corner of that intersection). It is an HPC unit with a Tesla connector. Several of us Roadster owners in the region have donated money to keep this charging station installed and powered. Please use it and make a donation to keep it operational! TomSax has volunteered to manage that.

Last edited:
In Ellensburg, the charging station you'll want to use is located at the intersection of N Main St and W 3rd St. It's located in the parking lot next to the public restrooms (SW corner of that intersection). It is an HPC unit with a Tesla connector. Several of us Roadster owners in the region have donated money to keep this charging station installed and powered. Please use it and make a donation to keep it operational! TomSax has volunteered to manage that.

Sweet, let me know how I can donate!

So now the only issue is that Spokane is just a tad too far away from Ellensburg to make on one charge. I've chosen Ritzville just by looking at charge maps and distances. But I'd appreciate some informed input about that or any better place between Ellensburg and Spokane.

Thanks!

Going East on 90, I've never gone past Ellensburg so I don't have any personal recommendations. But somebody did once says that Cedars Inn RV Park in Ritzville worked - they have 3 14-50 outlets on the far side of the park. That's the only thing I recall between Ellensburg and Spokane.

Going East on 90, I've never gone past Ellensburg so I don't have any personal recommendations. But somebody did once says that Cedars Inn RV Park in Ritzville worked - they have 3 14-50 outlets on the far side of the park. That's the only thing I recall between Ellensburg and Spokane.

Sweet, second-hand info is better than what I had before. Thanks Chad!

hcsharp offers two great "CAN" products for the Roadster. One is a J1772 adapter, but you already have that. The other lets you use Tesla HPWCs, which can be of use in some places but I don't think it will be for this trip.

I think all of Jack's chargers are too far North for xytor's trip. But yeah, Jack may know of others. I would hope that anything available is listed on openchargemap, which has great filtering by amps and/or connector.