Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Robotic arm suction cup impressions on back glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I wash or clean my car, I see some marks which I believe are robotic arm suction cups used to lift and place the glass. Any idea how to remove these?

IMG_1386.JPG_compressed.JPEG

That’s a first…

No idea how to remove them but I’d try:
  • A strong household cleaner like 409.
  • Fingernail polish remover (Don’t let it run down the glass)
  • WD40 (I know but to works) spray it directly on the glass, not onto a rag.
  • A light rubbing compound if nothing else works being careful not to damage the glass.

Reactions: chowdarygm
Funny you should mention this . . .

I bought a Volvo station wagon once, paid $2,000 for it, brought it home and parked it in the driveway

That night it got fairly cold so condensation formed on the windshield. The physics bods on here could probably explain how micro scratches (like what you might get from writing on the windshield with one of those white things you used to use for tennis shoes) on the surface of glass make the local interaction with condensation nuclei behave differently, but to suffice it to say, that when I came out in the morning, there, plain as daylight, on the windshield was the message . . .

. . . $1640

😭

• Funny
Reactions: chowdarygm
Funny you should mention this . . .

I bought a Volvo station wagon once, paid $2,000 for it, brought it home and parked it in the driveway

That night it got fairly cold so condensation formed on the windshield. The physics bods on here could probably explain how micro scratches (like what you might get from writing on the windshield with one of those white things you used to use for tennis shoes) on the surface of glass make the local interaction with condensation nuclei behave differently, but to suffice it to say, that when I came out in the morning, there, plain as daylight, on the windshield was the message . . .

. . . $1640

😭
A special message from the dealer you bought it from!