Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roof Glace replacement. How long did it take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cliff notes at the bottom,

So I bought my M3 from a private seller who had a rock chip on the roof glass and let it go until it was over a foot long crack.

I set an appointment to replace it a week in advance and got scheduled for memorial day at 8:15. Cool they are open? I even double checked. Yup. Sweet. at 8:10 I am one exit away from the shop I get a call canceling my appointment. They don't have the glass in stock. I show up since I'm already there and they tell me they never got a shipping notice at all and instead of telling me on Friday they didn't let me know until the morning of on a Holiday weekend. Pretty sure if it didn't ship on Friday why would you not let me know or reschedule in the app ahead of time? Okay whatever, I'm annoyed but we reschedule for a week and a few days away. Time goes by and the day of I get a call canceling again. No shipment on the glass and no ETA.
See a pattern?

They did say they had a tracking info on the glass this time, and it should arrive Thursday June 6th's and they wanted to schedule me for Friday just to make sure.

Great! Friday comes and my appointment just canceles in text message 2 hours before. No reason it just says your appointment has been canceled. I find the number and wade through all the prompts that all lead to "just go online and look *sugar* up yourself" options, and finally get to a real person. He says the glass never shipped. I ask him how that can be when I was told Monday that they had a tracking number and it would arrive Thursday? He said they created a shipping label but nothing was ever shipped and then he said "Tesla will call you to set up an appointment whenever the glass finally comes in" Don't bother scheduling anything we'll call you as soon as it comes in.

At this point calling me skeptical that it will happen would be a huge understatement.

*Cliff notes* keep getting rescheduled for roof glass over and over, how long did it take you guys to actually get a roof glass in stock and installed after making an appointment?

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I've been waiting 6 weeks for a roof glass replacement in Maryland (scheduled for repair on July 3rd). How long did it end up taking for you?

I send a text or an email to someone at Tesla every week or two and they provide me with no more information other than the glass is not there. I know there used to be an executive escalation option, is there a way to escalate anymore?