Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rooftop Solar Wasps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
While I hate to throw a negative into the solar equation, I just have to ask -- how popular are rooftop solar systems with wasps? I'm thinking about rooftop solar for my house sometime in the next few years, but I've got a real phobia for wasps. I've had to take some drastic measures to make the front of my house less wasp friendly over the last few years, including replacing light cans with sealed versions, removing certain bushes, and sealing up as many cracks and crevices as possible. I fear a rooftop solar installation could possibly be a wasp haven.

Thoughts? Experiences? If I'm lucky, maybe the panels will be too hot for wasps in the summer, though wasps also kind of like heat, so I'm not sure exactly how hot it has to get before they aren't interested anymore.

Just to give you an idea of how much I hate wasps -- I am a nature lover. I feel bad when I dig in the dirt and accidentally cut a worm. I'm fine with honey bees, bumble bees, and other bees. I'm not a fan of spiders in the house and will stomp them, but they are fine outside. Other critters in the house I usually catch and release outdoors. However, when it comes to wasps...I want them ALL to die horrible savage deaths until they are fully and completely extinct from the entire universe. If I am ever to be turned to the dark side of the force, it is my boundless hatred and rage towards wasps that will be my undoing.

Last edited: