Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotated my wheels and took rear tire wear measurements after 4500 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the rear axel weight of the gt3?

Price is now $1633. If you can reduce front axel wear and tires and plan to drive it a long time think 3 more sets of tires. I think it’s probably worth the investment. Otherwise drop the the front, do an alignment and call it a day.

Last time I corner weighted and aligned the GT3 it's about 650F/1050R. A little lighter than the X lol.

Still on the fence, but I might cut a set of toe links and press some bearings in and start there. I know I have an old camber arm at the shop, but I don't think I have an old toe link. Honestly, I am less concerned about the rubber than I am annoyed with the noise. As the insides have worn unevenly it the noise is substantial.

Short term, come summer I might flip the tires as well to use the basically new outside rubber.

Reactions: EbS-P
Have a road trip coming up so I decided to swap my winters for my most of seasons. The Hakkapeliittas are excellent cold weather tires and interestingly enough my average energy consumption over the winter was 381 Wh/mi.

My all season tires have just under 17k with significant inner tire wear with both rears needing to be replaced. I flipped the tires from passenger to driver so now the inner tires are on the outside. If all works out I should see another 15-17k for a total of 30k+ on these. These tires were originally $800 shipped a few years ago but everything has gone up so I figured I might as well give this experiment a try. If I can get 30k on a set of tires just by flipping them I may skip adjustable toe and camber parts entirely.

Reactions: EbS-P