Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tire Wear and Suspension/Alignment question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciated. 1/8" is 2-3 fingernail thicknesses? Do you see anything that prevents from using standard off-the-shelf circular washers that are on the cheap?

Sorry, I should clarify I do not own a refresh X or the existing camber shims. I was just eyeballing the thickness. If you, or anybody else is local we could quickly shim the rear and measure the camber.

Furthermore, what's the torque spec on those (M12?) bolts?

Found post Rear Camber Adjust Link DIY Possible, But Requires More Work Than It Appears On Paper but it doesn't seem to discuss the M12 torque.

However, found a n2itive installation vid that mentions:
  • 85M upper attachment
  • 150NM lower attachment

M12 is typically around 60ftlb. Here's the official torque speca from Tesla:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 9.49.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 9.49.39 AM.png

Sorry, I should clarify I do not own a refresh X or the existing camber shims. I was just eyeballing the thickness. If you, or anybody else is local we could quickly shim the rear and measure the camber.

Me too don't have an X at the moment, pricing feels still steep while these suspension issues are still presisting.
M12 is typically around 60ftlb. Here's the official torque speca from Tesla:

Thanks for the confirmation, where did you get this info, is it in the Owner's manual or some service guide? I tried to look from manual and parts catalog.