Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotating new tires, Tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased a used Tesla Model 3, and they had put new tires on recently. At about 6 most of ownership, I called Tesla to do a tire rotation, they came out and said that the tires still had good depth, and that they didn't need to rotate tires. Saved me a service fee, but shouldn't I proactively rotate every 6 months?

I just purchased a used Tesla Model 3, and they had put new tires on recently. At about 6 most of ownership, I called Tesla to do a tire rotation, they came out and said that the tires still had good depth, and that they didn't need to rotate tires. Saved me a service fee, but shouldn't I proactively rotate every 6 months?
I had the opposite. 12 voltbattery was replaced after 3 1/2 years with 25,000 miles on the car. Tech checked tread depth,tread was 5/32 on all four tires and he suggested replacing the tires?

I had mobile out last week for a glovebox issue and scheduled a rotation since we're at 10K miles on the tires. He said exactly the same thing. Said that our chill driving (not sure how he could tell) and that it was AWD were helping them to wear evenly. Also, even though our roads are salted, said we didn't need to do the brake calipers yearly.

How much does mobile service charge for a rotation?

They quoted $65 here in Denver metro.

Reactions: kpanda17