Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rotor hat painting (other than silver)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I painted mine silver a couple of years ago, but as the wheels got powder coated and the chrome is going away, I am starting to feel like the bright silver rotor hats are out of place.

Has anyone painted their rotor hats black or some color other than silver? If you have, pictures would be nice to see what they look like.

I'm thinking black....not sure if it should be a gloss or matte look.

Funny you should ask... I had bought black (flat not glossy) paint and was preparing to do this, to cover up the rust forming there.

Then I started noticing other cars... and decided the black would make the rotors look like they weren't attached to anything. Just shiny discs floating in space behind the wheel.

My wheels are stock 19" and I have a winter set that are similar in appearance, all painted silver.

I decided not to have black rotor hats, and exchanged my unopened paint for a can of silver instead... It's the purpose made high temp brake parts paint you can buy.

I was going to do this paint job over the weekend, but time ran out.

Maybe with darker wheel colors, greys and blacks... the rotors would look better if painted black.

Just had my rotors powdercoated black by C2 Powdercoating in Bradenton, Florida. I think it makes a big difference.

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_1499_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1499_1024.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 149