Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Routing Cable through Center Console from MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to route this HDMI cable in through my center console from the MCU side. Is there an easy way of doing this without taking the entire center console out? It doesn't seem like there is any openings from inside the center console towards the MCU side. Right now, it's coming out above the center console in the picture below.

IMG_0549.jpeg

Ha! I literally just did the exact same thing about an hour ago - for the same reason.

You have to have skinny arms and fingers, but what I was able to do was to stick my arm in the console under the sliding top cover, and have the sliding cover only partially slid open/closed (halfway open, and crimping your arm!). Then there is a very small but usable hole in the upper right rear corner of the console where I routed the hdmi cable.

Yep! Nothing like yelling and cursing while uncomfortably trying to thread a cable.

It was beyond frustrating. My wife showed up in the driveway as I was having my tantrum and I told her I needed her help (she has small hands and fingers) lol. I managed to get it myself.

Do you mind showing me how your final setup looks? I was going to use a Proclip but it doesn’t work well with the curved sides of the centers console.