Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Alcantara Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4ea80d_fcee2a5bca67448b972b0095eae8a397~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.webp

vs.

cCGVJB4.jpg

You can't tell me the top pic looks better than bottom. Alcantara dash looks amazing with the alcantara door inserts. It's the perfect match

Only a $235 difference. I would pay it easily. Considering I'll be getting the cheapest 3 available

They advertise this as $299, but it’s listed as far more (like $600+). What did you pay? Is it the $299 when you send your core in or something?

I still have another small roll of 3M dry carbon vinyl that I bought in case I messed up my install (actually came out flawless for wrapping something my first time), but knowing how easy it was to do I might buy some black alcantara "wrap" from Amazon and try wrapping my dash with that to see how it looks.

I like the CF vinyl in there now since it perfectly matches my console wrap, but even with a matte finish you can still seem some glare when the sun hits it since it has some shine to it. An alcantara wrapped dash piece would be good for no light reflection while driving.

I don't care about dust particles on alcantara as I don't have any issues with that. I would just be annoyed by "flow" of the alcantara as I like to keep it clean looking and wiped in one direction.

Now to decide between alcantara and matte carbon fiber. I have the performance, so seems like it would be cool to pull in the spoiler.

Tim

Matte carbon is a good look. I have the fake vinyl wrap right now haha. It fits with the theme if you have matte carbon pieces outside. idk what Tesla was thinking, to go with the decision for wood, and not accent it anywhere else in the car...

Reactions: TBrownTX
Matte carbon is a good look. I have the fake vinyl wrap right now haha. It fits with the theme if you have matte carbon pieces outside. idk what Tesla was thinking, to go with the decision for wood, and not accent it anywhere else in the car...

I know right? The wood is so out of place. At least gives the aftermarket folks a way to make some money.

I'm leaning matte carbon fiber, I do have the spoiler and a license plate frame.

Maybe one or two low key and tasteful adds will finish the look, without going totally 90s overboard.

Tim

Reactions: MODEL+
I wish there were better alternatives to RPM since I've heard they have poor customer support and it's fairly expensive. I've scoured aliexpress for options but their "flip fur" alcantara alternatives look like a slightly different color and haven't really seen any real reviews of it.

I wish there were better alternatives to RPM since I've heard they have poor customer support and it's fairly expensive. I've scoured aliexpress for options but their "flip fur" alcantara alternatives look like a slightly different color and haven't really seen any real reviews of it.
I agree with you. Also, navigating RPM's website reminds me of the early internet days with no ad block or pop up filters haha

Unplugged Performance also offers an alcantara replacement dash.

Pulled the trigger on the RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber replacement.

I really like the alcantara, but with the performance model's carbon fiber spoiler it's just screaming for a match. The lonely spoiler is as out of place as the wood dash from the factory. If I didn't have the spoiler I'd have gone the other way for sure.

After just a few days I really hated the wood, enough to drop $500!

Tim

Pulled the trigger on the RPM Tesla matte carbon fiber replacement.

I really like the alcantara, but with the performance model's carbon fiber spoiler it's just screaming for a match. The lonely spoiler is as out of place as the wood dash from the factory. If I didn't have the spoiler I'd have gone the other way for sure.

After just a few days I really hated the wood, enough to drop $500!

Tim
Would your Alcantara dash be up for sale by any chance? I still haven't received any sort of shipping notifications from RPM.