Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM HUD Turn Signal Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ATPMSD

Mar 12, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I have a “Sight-Line Dashboard Cluster Display (4.5" Rectangular Style)|” from RPM Tesla. The turn signal in the HUD has stopped working, which I have attributed to the latest Tesla update (2024.20.1). Anybody else having similar issues?

I know Tesla does not support “3rd party” items, but if the signal is no longer being sent I wonder if something else more important is no longer be working?

Reactions: carpe_diem
Been working fine for months. If you have one what firmware are you on?
I don't have one and never will because of this reason. Connect any third party device which has essentially hacked into another system to extract data and you're risking issues like these when there's a system update. Yes, there are lots of reports of this happening but the only answer is to go back to the supplier of the third party supplier and speak to them.

Reactions: Kimmi
I don't have one and never will because of this reason. Connect any third party device which has essentially hacked into another system to extract data and you're risking issues like these when there's a system update. Yes, there are lots of reports of this happening but the only answer is to go back to the supplier of the third party supplier and speak to them.
Just trying to zero in on the root cause. ;)

I have a “Sight-Line Dashboard Cluster Display (4.5" Rectangular Style)|” from RPM Tesla. The turn signal in the HUD has stopped working, which I have attributed to the latest Tesla update (2024.20.1). Anybody else having similar issues?

I know Tesla does not support “3rd party” items, but if the signal is no longer being sent I wonder if something else more important is no longer be working?
Was going to post about exactly the same issue.

I too have a dashboard display from RPM Tesla that no longer provides turn signal indication since the latest Tesla FW update (2024.20.1). Pretty bummed since this was one of the main reasons I bought and installed the display.

I noticed too that the high beam indicator on the dashboard display illuminates anytime the adaptive headlights are activated. This prompted me to see how Tesla implemented the feature in the settings and I noticed that you cannot control adaptive headlights for cornering separately from the adaptive high beams. This is dumb IMO since someone (like me) might not want to use adaptive high beams but may still want to use adaptive headlights for cornering.

The implementation feels rushed in this latest update.

I think Tesla broke all HUDs in some way or another. Mine doesn't work at all after the latest update. It's your fault for thinking Tesla might give their partners notice of a change that might affect them.
HUD is not a Tesla partner. It's a random Chinese company who hacked into the car. Chinese hackers by a different name, in fact. 😁